A General tip on posting pics

• Folks who use their mobile devices for access often face bandwidth limitations. Reducing your pic sizes can also reduce the cost and time of picture transmission.
    Microsoft Office or free software such as Open Office allows you to import your pics into the Presentation feature where you can crop or otherwise resize your pics, even place multiple pics on the same slide. You can also easily annotate your pics for emphasis. You can then use Save As or Export to convert your edited pics into a reduced size JPEG file which will load faster while reducing bad width costs to the forum and/or users on mobile devices.
    Using an online conversion site to convert short videos to animated GIFs can also save bandwidth costs.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• That's the problem with computers, they have 100 ways to do one thing but only one of them might work. To many crappy ways to do something but very few good ways.

• I like using Open Office since it's FREE and allows me to easily annotate my pics for emphasis, but it does do things in a slightly different manner compared to MS Office and can take a little getting used to.

This online software makes it pretty easy to create animated GIFs from individual pics or video files and also supports editing features to reduce file size. Update - Forgot to include the URL - Animated GIF editor and GIF maker.

I also like this Site since it allows you to convert and download web videos such as those found on YouTube - [OFFICIAL] KeepVid Video Download Tips: Download YouTube Videos, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch.Tv, Dailymotion, Youku, Tudou, Metacafe and more!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Just be cautious not to reduce the resolution to much on your jpg files because the forum reduces the quality when you upload them also. The only exception is the gallery. It doesn't strip that much detail and resolution.

I always check my pics after posting to make sure they look OK and can be easily read an d haven't run into any problems using the default conversion settings. Update - Now if I can just get my figners to type properly! :D

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().