Does anybody get motorcycle waves?

• HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I guess that I have been creating a lot of confusion over my lifetime where I have been known to wave just for the sake of waving, thinking that waving is just being friendly? I didn't realize that on the road waving is an obligation reserved between motorcycles only, (even though I do consider the Grasshopper our motorcycle alternative.) ;)

Others must be confused also for we get waves from not only motorcycles, but cars, pickups, motor homes, pedestrians..................? ?(:/

Bill

I've got the top end BMW Convertible in the area that gives me a big wave every time we pass by. $100,000.00+ waving at $25,000.00 --- gotta like it.

• The fifth episode could be ...why can’t we all just get along ...with Mr. Highly Likeable...

I think Mr. Highly Likeable seems like a very likeable guy even if I can't believe he said some of the things he says sometimes. If I were to see him on the road not only would I wave, but I would also ask him if he wanted to stop for a drink.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I got laughed at today by a guy and a girl on a hog....

Meh - - probably just didnt know they were dealing with Mr. Highly Likeable

• This is a little on topic but kinda off. I get waves about 60 percent of the time. Most of the non wave guys are on Harleys. Makes me wanna buy a Boss Hoss and never wave at them. I pulled in the Bobarosa Saloon which is not far from the "Tail of the Dragon". Harleys as far as you could see. 2pm on a Saturday in June. Place was packed. You would have thought I landed in a UFO. Lol!!!! It was fun.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I have started noticing a bit of a pattern when it comes to getting the wave. It seems as if when the person on the motorcycle can clearly see that I am in a three wheeled vehicle I almost always get a wave, sitting at lights when they have the time to think about what they are looking at 90% of the time I get an acknowledging wave and if I wave first its pretty much 100%. Today riding into work I took the freeway instead of the surface streets. Going 75 MPH I hear a loud bike coming up behind me on my left, as he pulls even his right hand came right out to give me the wave and I waved back.

on the other hand when a bike is coming straight toward me on the road the percentage of waves drops much lower. Some people seem to know exactly what they are seeing and they do wave, but many more look at me as I am waiving as if they are seeing a UFO you can almost see the look on their face as if they just have no clue what they are looking at. Its actually funny when traffic is moving a bit slower because you can see them trying to wave when it finally registers. I think it helps them realize that this thing they are looking at is a "motorcycle / reverse trike" when they see me wearing a helmet. I guess it tells them I am one of them - suffering people wearing a helmet when its 110 degrees <X