Announcement Rim decals should I offer?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rim decals should I offer?

Rim decals should I offer? 13
        Yes (11) 85%
        No (2) 15%
      I made some rim decals for myself and I just would like to know should I offer them. To install them is a pain in you know what, recommend to take the wheels off and to apply is not easy (time), but worth it IMO.
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • KayTwo wrote:

Why not offer? It doesn't cost you anything to offer them for sale, and they're not very difficult to do, so it's not like you're out a ton of pre-fab costs.
      They are not easy either and it takes time to make them plus more material. Think it is not round it has a concave to it.
      Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycket hitch
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • mytoy wrote:

KayTwo wrote:

Why not offer? It doesn't cost you anything to offer them for sale, and they're not very difficult to do, so it's not like you're out a ton of pre-fab costs.
      They are not easy either and it takes time to make them plus more material. Think it is not round it has a concave to it.
      Right, but you won't cut them until ordered, will you?
      :BLUESS:
    • IMHO, you're doing something that the major distributors of Slingshot mods are not. If this isn't part of your business model/plan then walk away ..... but if it is

Get you're templates in order with the concave measurements figure out what it takes to do 16", 18", 20" etc.

Make them HIGHLY customizable [Slingshot vs forum name vs nick name etc.] and price them accordingly - you are not competing with anyone with volume at this point - think about reflective vinyls and spend the time to find the color matched -- like @STYLN pointed out you may end up getting more work on different vinyl things if you can better match

Think about marketing opportunities for balk orders through other distribution channels [let me know if you need an example]

At this point, your biggest investment is your time

Under promise and over deliver - you do not have to have all vinyls in stock if you are honest and say it will take 3 weeks - sure the local vinyl shop can compete with you but if this is part of your business model then step up to the plate and knock it out of the park .... heck you may want to work with your local vinyl person to deal with the odd ball stock or high volume demand

Just my $0.02 - you are a smarter man than I and you would know better than I what fits your business goals/model/plan
    • Ross wrote:

IMHO, you're doing something that the major distributors of Slingshot mods are not. If this isn't part of your business model/plan then walk away ..... but if it is

Get you're templates in order with the concave measurements figure out what it takes to do 16", 18", 20" etc.

Make them HIGHLY customizable [Slingshot vs forum name vs nick name etc.] and price them accordingly - you are not competing with anyone with volume at this point - think about reflective vinyls and spend the time to find the color matched -- like @STYLN pointed out you may end up getting more work on different vinyl things if you can better match

Think about marketing opportunities for balk orders through other distribution channels [let me know if you need an example]

At this point, your biggest investment is your time

Under promise and over deliver - you do not have to have all vinyls in stock if you are honest and say it will take 3 weeks - sure the local vinyl shop can compete with you but if this is part of your business model then step up to the plate and knock it out of the park .... heck you may want to work with your local vinyl person to deal with the odd ball stock or high volume demand

Just my $0.02 - you are a smarter man than I and you would know better than I what fits your business goals/model/plan
      Thank you very much for your advice, I still have a full time job which I love. The whole thing started with the double nut covers and from there it took on a live on its own (and loving it) I like the idea to provide quality product to all SS owners at a somewhat reasonable price (I don't count my hours and charge like in my Job $$$$ more then a car mechanic) plus I enjoy it keeps me jung.
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • FunCycle wrote:

Just one question. Would this hold up to the cleaning of the rims all of the time.
      The vinyl I use states 6 to 8 years on cars, but I apply vinyl sealer so no dust or water can't get below it. Just to be sure especially on rims.
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • SSREAPER wrote:

I have been trying to figure out something to do with my stock wheels....Powder costing, painting...I would love to see what this looks like. Do you have any pictures I could see of this product.

SSreap
      Here you go.
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us
    • I did not do them, they are powder coated here is a link they are roughly $ 110.00 each. I purchased used (like new ones) and had them done. Just check the shipping cost. Powder Coating | Ceramic Coating | High Heat Coatings | Bonehead Performance, Warminster, Bucks County PA 18974
      I made only the decals. :thumbsup:
      Dieter mytoy-toy.us

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.