Looking for a solution for an electrical question concerning turn signals

• I just installed some extra brake lights with build in sequential turn signals

They look great (will make a clip when its completely done) but I stumbled on a small issue.
    I've tested them and the turn signals work perfectly when I gave them power but when hooking then up to the turn signal of the SS it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Seems like the SS interval is to quick.

When they get power from the turn signals they start the sequence but the power stops to quick, before they reached the end of the strip.
    When the power gets on again off course they restart the sequence. So they go only half way.

Is there a way to give them continues power as long as the turn signal is on.
    Or can I put something between that provides contstant power for a couple of seconds when the turn signal is activated?

Hope you guys understand what I mean :/

• Sounds like you tapped directly in to the blinker which is controlled by a blinker relay. On, off, on, off power in quick succession. You want to intercept the signal before the blinker relay. Tie in your own relay at that point and then connect your new lights.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Sounds like you tapped directly in to the blinker which is controlled by a blinker relay. On, off, on, off power in quick succession. You want to intercept the signal before the blinker relay. Tie in your own relay at that point and then connect your new lights.

Yes, that was the easiest :)
    First tried to take the power from connection on the handle but it seemed there was always some power on it (5+V) so I decided to take the easy way and tap in the backlights.

I have DRL with sequentials in the mustang and when they get power to make the turnsignal go it always goes the full way, no matter how short it gets power.
    even if you just tap on it they do the full sequence.
    Thought these ones would do the same but nope.

For the side and rear strips it's not that bad but for the one that I'd put on my wing it could be better.
    Thought there would be something that I can put between that gives constant power for a short while.

• I wanted to do the same thing with my lighted rear windscreen... I was told it’s a backwards ground...I burnt out my brake light switch....I finally gave up on the idea...

• I wanted to do the same thing with my lighted rear windscreen... I was told it’s a backwards ground...I burnt out my brake light switch....I finally gave up on the idea...

What the heck is a backwards ground?!?!? I think you mean it uses a negative trigger. Some of the lights in the taillight assembly use a negative trigger to activate. That still isn't helping with this conversation.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• No, nothing special. The turn signal stalk sends the signal to a blinker relay module which then converts to the on/off. The the signal you want to tap in to is before the blinker relay module.

• No, nothing special. The turn signal stalk sends the signal to a blinker relay module which then converts to the on/off. The the signal you want to tap in to is before the blinker relay module.

I understand. But then I need to add 2 more wires to the back. One for left and one for right.
    There got to be a way to just do it with what I got. Gonna search if there is some kind of timing relay.

• I think you do need a relay....that said....if you start connecting things up wrong...you will probably burn up some electrical parts.... $$$$$$

That’s the reason I gave up on the idea...

Just follow common sense, check your voltages, and use a test light to make sure you are working on the correct wire. If you follow the basics you will not have any issues. Oh, and if you have the ability solder all your connections. These vehicles shake and vibrate a lot, copper wire does expand and contract, crimp connects fail often because of this.

• I understand. But then I need to add 2 more wires to the back. One for left and one for right.There got to be a way to just do it with what I got. Gonna search if there is some kind of timing relay.

There is a way, but it adds more points of failure for your system. Trying to keep it as simple as possible.