Northern California riders.............

• We are just asking this just in fun since we live just north of the California border, where when we hear about a ride being organized in NORTHERN" California this sounds great! But to folks in California "NORTHERN" obviously means something very different for when we look at a California map, even though the San Fransisco area appears to us to be way down there closer to the central part of the state, Californians reference this area as "NORTHERN" California? Now, to us here in southern Oregon, examples of "NORTHERN" California brings to mind Eureka, Arcata, Crescent City, Redding, or other like located
    communities? So, for future understanding, when referencing rides being organized in "NORTHERN" California, as far as Californians are concerned, this infers to everything north of what, Los Angeles?

Bill

• North of Fresno.

You my friend are not in NORTHERN California as based on your statement! You are actually in SOUTHERN Oregon! Redding, Eureka and those named are not "northern" Cali they are TOP state Cali!! tongue-squaredlaugh-squared J/K. Being that California from most southern tip to upper northern top is a mere 1,040 miles its really south of Bakersfield is considered southern and north of Sacramento is considered northern and the crap in between is central. Trust me tho, as a citizen of this overly populated state, you would think that it would be the most active state as far as organizing rides and doing events but it is quite the opposite. Since I have owned my sling, I have literally only passed 4 others on the road and just barely learned that there is another owner 30 miles from me and we did meet until the Las Vegas Slingshot event!!

If your ever passing through Chowchilla, stop and say "hi"!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I have lived all of my life in California. Born in the Bay area and from the age of 2 in the San Gabriel valley and from my 30's here in the Palm Springs area. Despite living here all my life I am still surprised by how far I can drive and still be considered to be in Southern California. It is very easy to forget just how long the state is. It really seems to baffle first time visitors from the east coast who are accustomed to the ides of being able to drive to the next state in almost any direction in just a few hours.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think this is about right
    or some people in the middle like this

or if you really want to break it down this:

• yea that last map is the plan of some people who want to break California into 6 states Plan for 6 states

wont ever happen, but even if it does where I am will still be Southern California - for those not familiar with the location of Palm springs on the map we are in Riverside county just above the imperial county line and east over the mountain from San Diego county

• A little off subject, and I'm not sure exactly where in California, but there's a group called "calislingers" on Instagram and it appears to be growing...

I know several have asked about the west coast Sling scene... Just sharing!

• Yes - Cali Slingers - I am a member of the face book group - havent had a chance to meet up the others yes so I dont know exactly where everyone is, but one, Cesar, is actually down here in Palm Springs and from what I can tell most of the others seem to also be in So Cal - many of the group members have gone on joint rides with the Nevada Slingshot Owners group