Out 3 times now, and all 3 times people want to know what model Ferrari it is :D

• I'm beginning to think I should quit explaining and just say something like "007" when people ask me what model Ferrari it is.

I also can't believe the *alls some people have. They ask "can I take a picture?" Sure, no need to ask. Then they proceed to give their camera to a friend and try to hop in. Sheesh! :cursing:

• I have had people get in when I was not around (I know because a trans tunnel panel was pulled loose once) but they usually don't get in unless I ask them if they want their pic sitting in it. Normally I always do this for kids. However, coming back from TX Monday I stopped to get gas and while filling up a guy who didn't speak much English came over, said something I didn't understand, tapped on the dash, then got in and handed me his phone for a pic. I was really surprised. I think he was trying to ask if he could get a pic in it. Went ahead and took the pic and he said something about showing his wife. First time in three years that anyone has just gotten in while I was standing there but I think he was asking permission. :/

• I have had people get in when I was not around (I know because a trans tunnel panel was pulled loose once) but they usually don't get in unless I ask them if they want their pic sitting in it. Normally I always do this for kids. However, coming back from TX Monday I stopped to get gas and while filling up a guy who didn't speak much English came over, said something I didn't understand, tapped on the dash, then got in and handed me his phone for a pic. I was really surprised. I think he was trying to ask if he could get a pic in it. Went ahead and took the pic and he said something about showing his wife. First time in three years that anyone has just gotten in while I was standing there but I think he was asking permission. :/

Yes when this happened last night, it was a foreign couple. This also happened a couple of times with my motorcycle with foreign people. I'm thinking that in other cultures getting into or onto someone else's vehicle must not be a problem.

• I am surprised how many people still have never seen a SS or know what it is. I mean they been out for awhile now. I too had one individual call it a Ferrari. I laughed and replied " I wish." before explaining what it is. Nearly everytime I am gassing up I get asked if someone can take a picture. No one has ever tried to get in for their pic they usually stand next to it. But when kids are involved I always invite them to sit in it. They get really surprised and I know I made their day.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• Me and my son stopped gasing up during daylight hours. We would get stopped at the gas station for like 20 minutes. I only gas up at night late by my house on the way home. I try to avoid daylight gas station stops. My son's 8 and even he gets annoyed with all the questions. Another thing I noticed if we are wearing helmets. No one bothers us while filling up. So slot of times when we head out we will put on helmets gas up with them on and when we get going put them in the storage compartments.

• I have found putting the seat foraward against the dash stops people from getting in it, but I can't tell you how many times folks have tried to "sit" in it.

I shared this once before. Next time someone just sits in it, ask them if they mind if you lay on their wife naked.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I have found putting the seat foraward against the dash stops people from getting in it, but I can't tell you how many times folks have tried to "sit" in it.

I shared this once before. Next time someone just sits in it, ask them if they mind if you lay on their wife naked.

I have found putting the seat foraward against the dash stops people from getting in it, but I can't tell you how many times folks have tried to "sit" in it.

bwaa haaa haa

• One time when I left the Slingshot parked at the market when I came out a girl was getting ready to get in it so her friend could take a picture. When they saw me they asked if it would be okay and she was cute so I let her, but it was very clear that if I hadn't walked up she was going to help herself. These days if I have to park it where I won't be around to keep an eye on it I lock the steering wheel to the frame with Master lock Street Cuffs. they do provide added security, but the main reason why I like them is they keep idiots from sitting in the driver seat

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One time when I left the Slingshot parked at the market when I came out a girl was getting ready to get in it so her friend could take a picture. When they saw me they asked if it would be okay and she was cute so I let her, but it was very clear that if I hadn't walked up she was going to help herself. These days if I have to park it where I won't be around to keep an eye on it I lock the steering wheel to the frame with Master lock Street Cuffs. they do provide added security, but the main reason why I like them is they keep idiots from sitting in the driver seat

Unfortunately, I think somebody would just try to climb over the passenger seat to slide intot he driver's seat and avoid the cuffs

• Unfortunately, I think somebody would just try to climb over the passenger seat to slide intot he driver's seat and avoid the cuffs

We both use the Masterlock cuffs. If somebody is determined enough to sit in it that they climb in from the passenger side there isn't much that would stop them anyway. The cuffs keep the honest people from doing something dumb.

• As most of you know --- I promote and raise funds for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. "Ride for Kids" In Mar of 2015 I took my new Slingshot to Car Show in South Bend, IN to promote the Ride for Kids.... Put a sign on the windshield --
    pics in Slingshot Kids $1.00, gals $5.00 and "DOM's" $10.00 ... on that Sat and Sun had $975.00 in donations to the PBTF.

Have fun with your Slingshot.... Hopefully that's why you bought one... Enjoy

• I ride with a helmet so I use a helmet lock and the helmet is locked so it is laying on my driver seat. This makes it pretty hard to get in. You could lift the helmet out of the way. But I think most people don’t want to touch it. I wouldn’t mess with someone’s helmet.

And I put this on.

But what if their wife is unattractive and they say ok?