Interior lighting?

• Ok my friends.....so I have the bullet speed v back top and I’m looking for a way to add some “interior” lighting (really difficult to see once the sun is gone and honestly black on black it’s even hard to see while in the garage). I bought this led light kit on amazon (link below) it was only $30 and I thought I’d give it a go. Turns out the led bars are permanently attached to the control unit and the wires are just not long enough to reach a good location from the head unit to the bar. Additionally hard to hide the wires when you can’t run them behind the dash from driver to passenger side since you are running the led bar and not just a wire. This unit does have a “music response system” that would be cool occasionally, but that’s not a requirement for me. Definitely want light in the floorboard areas on both sides, and it would be neat to have lighting over head as well. Anyone have any suggestions on a setup that would work for this or if you already have it, could post the specifics on where to get it here? All I’ve heard about the OEM Polaris one is that they are puny at best.

Thoughts?

LEDGlow 4pc. Multi-Color LED Car Interior Underdash Lighting Kit - Universal Fitment - Music Mode - Auto Illumination Bypass Mode B000I04Z7Q?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I don’t have a top on mine, but I just bought LED strips off eBay and put them under the dash and just ran them to an oem style switch on the dash. If I did have a top I would also do the same thing for an overhead light.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• return it and use the LEDGlow website to build a kit but use the motorcycle kit so you can go all weather and bluetooth adjust color birghtness etc

Expensive but love that product - haven't had any problems in 15000 miles and 2 years

Its the kit on ours for underbody and interior

• Got a link? Everything I’m seeing has short chords

No, I don’t have a specific link. I just searched eBay for LED strips....color of your choice. You can find them in whatever length you want. I used blue in mine, but I’m going to be changing to an RGBW setup eventually. I used 12” strips under the dash and ran my own wiring from the strips. I did buy the OEM style switch from @slingmods

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Seriously inexpensive at SuperBrightLeds.com. I bought the square pods with 4 LEDs each. I put 2 blue and 2 white under each side of the dash to replace the lame Polaris single bulbs on my 1st Sling and they worked and looked great. I bought the same for my 2nd Sling and added one more white one for the glovebox which will be on the same switch as the under dash whites. I also bought 2 red and two white for the engine bay. My plan is to install them on 2 separate switches located in the engine bay for a work light and a show light. Total cost around $30-$35. I plan on buying halos from them as well.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Seriously inexpensive at SuperBrightLeds.com. I bought the square pods with 4 LEDs each. I put 2 blue and 2 white under each side of the dash to replace the lame Polaris single bulbs on my 1st Sling and they worked and looked great. I bought the same for my 2nd Sling and added one more white one for the glovebox which will be on the same switch as the under dash whites. I also bought 2 red and two white for the engine bay. My plan is to install them on 2 separate switches located in the engine bay for a work light and a show light. Total cost around $30-$35. I plan on buying halos from them as well.

Do you know the diameter for the halos that fit our headlights?

• Just got my slingshot and was disappointed leaving somewhere at night and being SO dark I couldn't even see where to put my key. Had to dig out my cellphone to turn on the flashlight.

I bought stick up lights that plug into the USB port but the key has to be one for it to work - doesn't help if I can't see where to put my key...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Just got my slingshot and was disappointed leaving somewhere at night and being SO dark I couldn't even see where to put my key. Had to dig out my cellphone to turn on the flashlight.

I bought stick up lights that plug into the USB port but the key has to be one for it to work - doesn't help if I can't see where to put my key...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the Forum. You'll find it a great place to hang out for tons of ideas, information and just plain fun. I have the Flux Capacitor lights by Tricled. It's just enough interior light when needed and the colored lights are a geeky fun thing to impress people who actually KNOW what it was in the Back to the Future films. It was $99.99 when they first came out and I don't think they still sell them. But take a look at their video from 2015 and you might be able to find it somewhere online

Good Luck

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE