Tire compound

• Our SS comes with the Kendra’s and they have a certain compound number related to tread wear and performance.

I can remember switching my car from bias tires to radials and the difference was amazing. The way it grabbed the road.

Goodyear eagle gts are considered a soft compound made to grip the road. But wear out quickly, thats the trade off. I don’t know what the compound of the Kendra’s are.... but if we put a tire with real soft compound on the SS will it make it more susceptible to rolling over in a tight curve?

I’m sure the Kendra’s were put on with their particular compound in mind. Are they considered hard, medium or soft?

They way my back tire is wearing it seems soft.

• The Kenda Kaiser KR20 tires Polaris uses on the Slingshot are rated 300AA and should be considered on the slightly softer side. Nitto Motivo AS UHP tires, by comparison, are a much harder tire rated at 560AA (with a 60,000 mile warranty when used on a vehicle where they are routinely rotated) while the Nitto 555 G2 Summer UHP tires are rated 320AA with no tread warranty. Nitto's drag tires are rated 200AA A or 140 AA A, depending on model and would be considered a very soft tire.