shocks - what are the differences

• I just installed a set of Scale Innovative series and I must say the quality and the performance change is nothing less than awesome. So easy to make changes and be able to equalise shock heights due to the scale. 12 settings from soft to hard also allow you to dial in your ride with a twist of a knob. They do have different spring rates and a multitude of colours. Plus they're made in Canada and with the exchange rate and free shipping to the USA it might work out to be a hell of a deal for you.

I am not familiar with these - - do you have a link?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A Thread on T.D.S. asked ,What is the difference between DDM, Twist and HAHN QA1 Shocks

Here is a response posted by Dave , AND by the way , both the DDM and Twist 3 WAY ADJUSTABLE SPORT SHOCKS are now available and qualify for my Grand Opening Sale prices on my site at http://WWW.ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM

All of those 3 listed are twin tube shocks. The Twist looks to be the exact same as the QA1 from the pictures, I would give Slingshot only a call to verify, but they look identical to the QA1 from what we have seen. Our shocks are not QA1's and have the following advantages over the QA1's -

- The DDMWorks coil over shock bodies have more threads on them for the coil over height adjustments. That means they will have about 6" of threads on the shock bodies, vs. 3.5" found on the QA1's (front measurements). This offers a greater range of height adjustment and allows the Slingshot to be raised 1" or actually lowered onto the frame and still have some shock travel, which is not possible with the QA1's.

- The QA1's shocks use a different valving system internally that decreases stroke length, our DDMWorks shocks have unique internal valving that give a longer stroke and more travel on a similar sized shock, giving the suspension more travel without bottoming out.

- QA1 does not offer any application specific valving for their triple adjustables. Our DDMWorks shocks have application specific valving specifically for the Slingshot and these shocks can also easily be re-valved if changes are made to the Slingshot that go beyond normal Slingshot builds. The 19 clicks of adjustment for compression and rebound have a wide range and were designed to accommodate most all Slingshots.

- These shocks offer a full 2 year warranty on parts, QA1 is 1 year.

- The shock body itself is assembled using left hand threads, insuring that you can't loosen the body/base/cap nuts when moving the spring adjustments

- Aesthetically, the DDMWorks shocks and shock accessories are clear anodized aluminum finish, so when they get marked up from use (small pebbles from the road, etc), it doesn’t chip away like the black finish on the QA1's to reveal aluminum, thus looking pitted and rough.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
    Dave

• I thought I saw somewhere that the DDM shocks were made by Viking, but I can't confirm. Was hoping that Dave could confirm.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Yeah but nothing like good ole 240 volt :00000003::00000008:
    Get hit with that and you can start singing.."You Light up my Life"

back in my industrial electrician days I found that the bite of a 277 volt lighting circuit seemed to sting the most. this is the phase to neutral voltage off of a three phase 4 wire 480/277 volt system commonly found where they use the 480 to run industrial equipment. Fortunately I never got bit by the 480. One time on a dare I held onto the terminals of an an electric fence charger that dang thing kicked like a mule, but couldnt kill you like the 277 or 480 could

• I'm not sure what the voltage of mother nature is but I've tried lightning 3 times and I can guarantee you that is a bite you won't soon forget. When it gets stormy my family deserts me for some reason? :huh:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I'm not sure what the voltage of mother nature is but I've tried lightning 3 times and I can guarantee you that is a bite you won't soon forget. When it gets stormy my family deserts me for some reason? :huh:

;(

@Ghost I now understand your forum name...because theoretically you should be one....Im thinking SIXTH SENSE here... villain-squared

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY. LOL!!!

I just had the JRI 1 way sport shocks installed. Testing them out on Tuesday. Any recommendations on ride height? I'm looking for that perfect handling and traction...you know....what everyone else is also looking for.

• I am currently running the DDM set up and am extremely happy with them
    Originally had Brillstein's - switched to QA1 for more adjustment but I bought the rebound only adjustable ones sow I switched again to DDM duals
    I am done and very happy

I highly recommend them

Well... Well... Well... if it isn't the corruptor of my purse weighing in! :00000028: Folks, STAY AWAY FROM THE WOLF (it has way too many eye-candy/goodies you'll want/NEED) ~> remember, the money you set aside for your kids tuition IS NOT MOD MONEY!! :00006725:

To put it mildly, once I saw Mitch's suspension from DDM ~> I HAD TO HAVE THEM! Not only do they look amazing, the ride quality for the price-point, provides stellar handling in turns at really high speeds (it's just that right amount of roll/pitch). I say this because I did a few cloverleafs on the highway from 65-75-85 mph, and not once did I feel lift on any of the wheels. Once you find the settings you like, you're golden ~> adjustments take less than a minute (yes, I do adjust mine often based on the ride/run). Having owned the one-way Bilsteins for about a year, these fit my aggressive driving better hands down. That said, I did like my other shocks (which I've already sold).

Summary: If you want to rip up the road and feel confident in turns... DDM. For an all-around good stock replacement, Bilsteins.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• remember, the money you set aside for your kids tuition IS NOT MOD MONEY!! :00006725:

My kid will have the same 3 options my dad gave me.

1. Go to College/Vocational School...you can pay for it, so you will appreciate and value your education.
    2. Get a job...work for it and you will appreciate it.
    3. Join the military...after getting told what to do for a couple of years, maybe you will get the government to pay for your education and you will learn what you really want to do.

I turned out ok...relatively speaking...

translation: I have Mod money! lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...