Small claims court

• only one tip - make sure who ever you take to court actually has the means to pay you if you win. I know 2 people that had to go to small claims court to get reimbursed for damages in auto accidents from uninsured people. Both of my friends won their cases and both were awarded the maximum that you could do in small claims at the time. Neither one of my friends ever actually received a dime and the court made no effort to enforce payment - - Good luck

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Been there several times... If you are the one taking someone to court for some sort of 'nonpayment' you may win and collect ZERO monies.

couple of years ago I took a gal to court for nonpayment of rent. She sent the info to 'Judge Judy' --- when I received that note I was just going to toss it--- my Son said NO, reply. I did and we went to one of Judge Judy's programs...Hot Bench. Interesting, the show flew my son (witness) and I out to LA, motel, air fare, meals, $400.00 for me to be on show, $100.00 for witness. In that court I won 85% of what I was asking and received a check for all two weeks later. In my local court I would have won 100% of what I was after and received ZERO monies. Most small claims courts have no way to make them pay.... The SHOW pays all costs for everybody and does not try to collect from anyone except the Advertisers for the show.

That check was $3,200.00 plus all expenses were prepaid.

• That is excellent news EJ! Glad that worked out for you.

Sometimes you get lucky... Best part of that adventure is that I met a young mother and daughter. Talked about the Pediatric Brain Tumor foundation and long story short. Meet Bay Brooks (the daughter) who had just competed on
    the Voice. Show aired 2015. She did a concert for our ride in Nashville, TN and
    came up to South Bend, IN for the Northern Indiana Ride for Kids.

Bay only made it to the first round but I think She really wants to do the writing and such. Super Gal and Mom.

• @EjFord, that's actually pretty funny. Glad it worked out for you.

This isn't non-payment, this is what I believe would be called "theft of services." Or maybe not. Paid a local shop $3600 to "rebuild" the transmission in the car, which included a 3-yr warranty. The transmission is failing now, 3 months later, and he refused to honor the warranty (not that I would trust him at this point). So I'm going to try to get my money back on the grounds that it doesn't appear he did anything except change the fluid and fuck with the shift points a little bit. So, we'll see.

• Anyone here ever taken someone to small claims court, and been successful? Got any tips?

@Bill Martin, I'll be calling you later.

I got some tips for divorce court - but then my ex couldn't hit the side of a barn if she threw a long gun at it - you won't be so lucky so I can't help ya at all.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

This isn't non-payment, this is what I believe would be called "theft of services." Or maybe not. Paid a local shop $3600 to "rebuild" the transmission in the car, which included a 3-yr warranty. The transmission is failing now, 3 months later, and he refused to honor the warranty (not that I would trust him at this point). So I'm going to try to get my money back on the grounds that it doesn't appear he did anything except change the fluid and fuck with the shift points a little bit. So, we'll see.

Please tell us you paid by credit card!
    If so you don't need court just call the credit card company and dispute the charge -

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Please tell us you paid by credit card!If so you don't need court just call the credit card company and dispute the charge -

I did, 4 months ago. Think they'll still take action on it?

Or, might be easier, I just shoot the motherfucker in the chest with a Nosler boattail at 300 yds. (Course, I cant do that now that I mentioned it, but...)

But seriously on the credit card?

• I did, 4 months ago. Think they'll still take action on it?
    Or, might be easier, I just shoot the motherfucker in the chest with a Nosler boattail at 300 yds. (Course, I cant do that now that I mentioned it, but...)

But seriously on the credit card?

It would cost you a phone call to find out

You could take him to small claims court... or you can give us an address to his shop and we can burn it down and rape his sheep! Your call... let us know how you'd like to proceed!