Small claims court

• Probably comes down to the $$$ involved. Max in small claims is generally $5,000.00 How much is the lawyer going to want? And if you win can you collect
    the $$$.

If you've got your stuff together your probably better off going on your own. Been there several times and won more than lost and still didn't get much money. To many time they don't have the money to pay and they can usually pay over time so you may get $5.00 a month for a couple of months and than start over again.

Did go to Judge Judy's program "Hot Bench" back in 2014 and won 80% of the amount and did get ALL of the money. The gal I took to court sent it in.

• as long as you approach the judge as a Rear Admiral and the defendant as a Commander of equal or greater rank you'll do just fine. Small claims should be set up for those who don't know how to quote statutes and paragraphs but have a general sense of right and wrong

• I used to own 42 rental properties and have had to file small claims numerous times.... And I won every case!
    Did I ever receive any money? The answer is NO.

However, a business taken to small claims usually pays.
    Be very sure to be prepared with every bit of evidence you can muster.... not heresay but photos, witnesses, documents, etc. A small claims judge has a tremendous amount of discretion and will sometimes allow the defendant to say anything bad about you and take that into consideration as well.

There is a filing fee and forms to fill out at the County Clerk’s office, both parties will be notified of a court date and if one party does not show the other wins by default.

• I used to own 42 rental properties and have had to file small claims numerous times.... And I won every case!
    Did I ever receive any money? The answer is NO.

However, a business taken to small claims usually pays.
    Be very sure to be prepared with every bit of evidence you can muster.... not heresay but photos, witnesses, documents, etc. A small claims judge has a tremendous amount of discretion and will sometimes allow the defendant to say anything bad about you and take that into consideration as well.

There is a filing fee and forms to fill out at the County Clerk’s office, both parties will be notified of a court date and if one party does not show the other wins by default.

In most places, if the 'business' in incorporated they must bring a lawyer...dose not give them much advantage but dose COST them and not you.