GPS timing apps

• Does anyone here know of an iPhone app that will use the phones GPS to time rolling start times to speed? I am interested in knowing how fast my slingshot can accelerate from, oh lets say, 30mph to 70mph. I would like an app where I can set the start and end speeds and then the app would use the GPS to automatically start and stop timing at these speeds. 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times are fun to know, but I think knowing the times to accelerate to a given speed from my current speed is much more useful in real world driving for things like entering a highway or getting up to speed to pass. - - thank you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Does anyone here know of an iPhone app that will use the phones GPS to time rolling start times to speed? I am interested in knowing how fast my slingshot can accelerate from, oh lets say, 30mph to 70mph. I would like an app where I can set the start and end speeds and then the app would use the GPS to automatically start and stop timing at these speeds. 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times are fun to know, but I think knowing the times to accelerate to a given speed from my current speed is much more useful in real world driving for things like entering a highway or getting up to speed to pass. - - thank you

Now that might be would be worth getting a smart phone for? MAYBE!

• Just downloaded one called "Speedbox Performance Tracking". It has several presets including 30 to 60 and 60 to 120. It also has a bunch of zero to speed presets 0-60, 0-70 and 1/8, 1/4 & 1/2 mile times. I will have to play with it when i am out in the sling. I do wish it had a mode where i could pick the start and end speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• There are several that use the accelerometer to figure out when the vehicle starts moving. And then does all the calculations. I also know the Garmin cameras like the VIRB series do this.

I have an android phone so my results would be for an android. Someone else will have to find the iPhone apps . I will look for some android apps today and post back here. I have to head to work right now.

• played with the Speedbox Performance Tracking app on my ride into work this morning and it seems to do what I am wanting. tried it on the 0-35 setting and it worked perfectly starting the timing automatically when I started and stopping the timing when my speed hit 35. It also records the time and and did so without any input from me every time i came to a full stop and then accelerated again. This will work great for repeated tries at getting the fastest time. I will have to go out on one of our back roads and see what I can get on the 0-60 setting. I haven't had a chance to try it for rolling times like the 30-60 setting or better yet the 60-120 setting - - -that is one I will definitely need to test on a back road

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• just had an e-mail exchange with the developer of the app to ask about different speed start and end options and he seems more than willing to add any specific settings I want - I suggested a couple so I will see if this is something that happens.

• the developer has already replied to my request and said he will add the settings I requested today and get them out to me as soon as it is approved by apple 8o

• Just think! That every time you added a mod you could find out if it worked to the good. Of course you would have to wait for the ECU to adjust it self. You could do the 0 to 60 mph. You could also us it to check the power band it self, the run up from say stock is about 3,200 to 5,600 rpm. It would be interesting to use this with the Hahn Intake in a couple of different variations. Fourth gear stock from the 3,000 to red line also with intake say 4th gear from 3,000 to red line. Would you even need a Dyno?

• Just think! That every time you added a mod you could find out if it worked to the good. Of course you would have to wait for the ECU to adjust it self. You could do the 0 to 60 mph. You could also us it to check the power band it self, the run up from say stock is about 3,200 to 5,600 rpm. It would be interesting to use this with the Hahn Intake in a couple of different variations. Fourth gear stock from the 3,000 to red line also with intake say 4th gear from 3,000 to red line. Would you even need a Dyno?

If you go smart phone I am selling my slingshot!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The app comes with a bunch of presets that measure in KPH and a lesser number of presets for MPH.

the zero to MPH settings offered are as follows
    0 to 30
    0 to 35
    0 to 60
    0 to 65
    0 to 70
    0 to 75
    0 to 100

The rolling options are:
    30 to 60
    60 to 120
    100 to 200

I have asked that he add a 30 - 70 which roughly represents me entering our local freeway which has a speed limit of 70 and also a 50 to 100 which I think would represent a real world thing I might do passing someone on the open road

Like I told him I would love to be able to set the start and end speeds myself, but he said that was not something that he had planned

as I mentioned above the app also has time to distance settings for 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile

the KPH presets seem to be much more extensive. but my brain doesnt work in KPH

Personally I was surprised how quickly he responded to my e-mail and how willing he is to add the settings I want - pretty good service for a $2 app if you ask me :D

as a side note in the settings there is a option to turn on "pitch compensation" which, when enabled, he tells me will adjust the times to compensate for tests on roads that are not level

Also for those who care the app is also apple watch compatible so it can be turned on and off from the watch without even taking the phone out the pocket or purse

• I like the 0 to 60 mph for what I am thinking about. Also the 50 to 100 mph in a single gear pull, say in 3rd or 4th gear for the power band.

• it already has the 0-60 and he said he will add the 50-100 today - just has to submit the changes to apple so they are good with it before I can have it - have no clue how long that takes ;(

• Just don't compare your results to Rabtech's. He goes zero to 100 mph in 1.2 tires!! (that's rear tires)

don't think that will be a problem

• Is there an android version of this or is it specific to equipment built into the I-phone? I'm not drinking the Apple koolaid. And I'll get an I-pad when I have my 1st I-period

from what I can find the SpeedBox Performance Tracking app is only available for iOS