GPS timing apps

• Have you tested it out yet? Was curious how accurate it actually was.

I havent had the chance to do any really playing with it yet. I did set it in the 0 to 30 mode for my ride home from work yesterday and when I came to a complete stop it auto started every time and it did seem to properly time how long it took to get to 30 mph - hard to tell how accurate it is without anything to compare it to, but it seemed okay to me. More important to me than being 100% accurate will be if it is consistent. if it is then I can use it to do before and after tests when I make changes to the Sling.

As a side note the apps author recommends getting an this external GPS receiver for increased accuracy XGPS160 Multipurpose Universal 5 Device Bluetooth GPS Receiver with Wide Area Augmentation
    might be something to consider if one were going to be doing actual track testing, but for my uses I think the phones GPS will suffice

Just found this link that tests the accuracy of phone based GPS vs a dedicated GPS GPS accuracy tests looks like we are talking less than 2% error

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal: to add GPS testing ().

• Wow!!! - talked to the App's author about settings I wanted added and now less than 24 hours later I have received and downloaded a beta version of the apps with with the settings I wanted - WOW!

that is what I call customer service - again WOW!

He even added extras - now have my 30-70 and my 50-100, but he also gave me 25-70, 60-80, 60-90 & 60-100

Just so you know if you get the app it wont have these settings yet - this is a beta version that I was invited to test through apples test flight program - I dont know how long it will be before these changes make it to the regular app - - - this is my first time being on the beta end of an app :)

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Just to be clear to anyone interested in this app it is "SpeedBox Performance Tracking" automated sprint timing by Dominik Reichert - - -

There are some other apps with speedbox in the name so be sure you get the correct one

the version now available in the app store is 1.8.7. there is a link in the app to contact them you can use it to ask that he send you the beta he sent me which is 1.9.3

• did 0 to 50 in 2.99 seconds on my drive to work this morning

Hell, did 50 to 80 in 1.98

add together thats 0 to 80 in under 5 seconds in city traffic

before you get excited I had it in KPH mode ^^

• tested the 30-70mph setting on the ride home from work. getting on the freeway at at a steady 28mph on the onramp as it straightened out punched it and entered the highway and accelerated to just over the speed limit of 70mph - the app reported a 30 to 70 time of 6.04 seconds. one of these days I will have to play with this on a back road with no traffic

• I am glad I got this app. my Sling is dead stock from a performance point of view and I dont expect it to set any records, but with this app I can establish a base line so that if and when I do make mods I will have something other than just my gut feelings to judge if those mods actually make improvements. It will be nice to actually know its faster instead of just saying it feels faster.

• have you done multiple pulls at the same increment to compare the data? Seem like a fun little app

havent had the chance to properly use the app yet. I have been playing with it on my ride to and from work, but being in traffic makes it close to impossible to be consistent. I would like to get on a back road when no one is around and get some good pulls from 30 to 70 and from 50 to 100 where I can start the pulls running at a steady speed at 1/2 mph below the start speed. I think if I am running at a steady 48/49 mph on a flat road in 4th and then floor it and hold it until past 100 and also do the same type of thing testing 30 to 70 I should be able to get some consistent times that can be the bench mark to test against after mods are made

I am sure I can get faster times if I were already under full acceleration when I hit the speeds that start the timing, and I am sure I will try that for fun, but I want to do it the above way for more serious numbers so that it is easier to duplicate.

I am going to have to go out and do some scouting to find a good open road with a minimum of traffic - - - would love an abandon airstrip but I am not aware of anything like that around here :(