Exhaust fumes problem SOLVED!

• Yea, I have not posted much on this forum, I was pretty active on the old forum. I just read a lot and do work thru email and such. I have started to move toward electric vehicles and the cool stuff you can do with those. I have two Tesla's now and working on a project GEM car.

I would like to convert my sling to electric (no fumes to worry about then :) ), just need to find the time ......

By all means everyone I did not intent to offend anyone, just venting.

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting

• Start your own build thread when you start the project, that will be cool to watch!

I'm gonna make mine Flintstone powered. Remove the engine and transmission to reduce some weight, then all you need is a sawzall, cut a rectangular hole in the drivers side floor panel... and voila!! I will also do a build thread for you!! :00008356::00008172:

• Has this Cat come out of the bag yet?
    I have been wanting to add a Top but concerned about fumes getting worse. :00007505:

@Pascal, @angie@WP came out and said it was an air deflector. She also said they’d be available within the month, though I don’t think they have been released, unless I just missed that.

• Still excited to see what this is all about. I have had long conversations with Jeff about a rear canard and curious to see what he implemented.

Standing by.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Pretty sure they would have just come out and say that if this was the fix. I doubt this addition reduced the fumes to 2PPM... but I’m happy with the large wing ininstalled.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Yeah, they've (Welter) has mentioned the underground auto styling wing, and now this twist copy, as something that could help (been discussed since the uas wing first came out), but this thread made it out to be appear as a totally new solution?

• Glad I am already on the list to get the air deflector at SSITS; along with the boosted WP Duals. :thumbsup: WP already knows I have the Slingshotonly rear fin so I cannot see this air deflector being that. The fin from Slingshotonly or Underground or whomever, would be an exorbitant cost and this is suppose to be a simple solution.

• Well all I can say is that I just got my boosted WP Duals. Man does it look sweet in the box...going to the installer on Thursday! Jeff from WP is great guy to deal with. I actually ordered the wrong product and he bent over backward to fix my screw up and got me taken care of. Now that I have the exhaust in my hands, it looks better in person and the pictures, this was definitely worth the wait!!

@Jeff Welter thank you for your help and professional customer service. And thank you for helping all of us NA and Boosted sling owners get a great product!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Well all I can say is that I just got my boosted WP Duals. Man does it look sweet in the box...going to the installer on Thursday! Jeff from WP is great guy to deal with. I actually ordered the wrong product and he bent over backward to fix my screw up and got me taken care of. Now that I have the exhaust in my hands, it looks better in person and the pictures, this was definitely worth the wait!!

@Jeff Welter thank you for your help and professional customer service. And thank you for helping all of us NA and Boosted sling owners get a great product!

SSreaper

Couldn't agree more ~> I have the shorty side exhaust and LOVE IT... Jeff is good people! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @Jeff Welter Can you please spill the beans now? It's killing me. :D

• https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ExtLXXJ5FiBozPa/giphy.mp4