Exhaust fumes problem SOLVED!

• Your stated in your thread that you sent your EMC off to Bob, was that for a second time? or are you not boosted? I have a DDM Supercharger so Bob has already seen my ECM once. I am wondering if they have updated the code in the past 1.5 years?

I am not boosted. Just had my tune done last week for the first time. Biggest difference in fume mitigation was the full rear windscreen. Reduced by 70% and the large UA wing in the back reduced another 20% by my estimation. It is very tolerable now and no one mentions fumes when they ride with me. I catch a whiff on occasion.

Still curious to hear what Jeff came up with.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Edited once, last by 2W2X1 ().

• Just FYI... These are those new awesome headers.... Wow! Just ask @Spudinator or @lawdogpup...

I saw them in Vegas...they are seriously art! And maybe it's because in CO, the altitude kills bolt on mods like that...but that one felt really responsive when going out on a test ride.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I don't know why customers that have already have dropped 2K on a system have to wait to solve this problem - seems odd to me. I talked to Welter at length in the Ozarks last year about this issue. You would think that if they have an answer they would just tell us.

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting

• Easy Grass Hopper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All things will come to light in good time. Them there are some good folk. Don't believe for a minute they'd be trying to hoodwink anybody. I'm like Joey, I've solved 98% of mine but I'm still interested in knowing what they have learned.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I talked with Jeff yesterday about installing his WP Duals at SSITS and he let the cat out of the bag on what was done to solve the fume problem. That's all I am at liberty to say as it may be "Classified" and you know what that means if I leak it.

Yeah, it means the rest of us would know too. COME ON Mrs. Kravitz!

I don't know why customers that have already have dropped 2K on a system have to wait to solve this problem - seems odd to me. I talked to Welter at length in the Ozarks last year about this issue. You would think that if they have an answer they would just tell us.

I'm guessing they are perfecting, patenting, or getting ready for production. Just a guess.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• ^ ^ or just traveling home from the TX show.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Yeah, it means the rest of us would know too. COME ON Mrs. Kravitz!

I'm guessing they are perfecting, patenting, or getting ready for production. Just a guess.

Folks: All I can say is that WP did this on 3 slingshots and all 3 stated they no longer had fume issues. It is not my place to give further details (and I probably could not provide specific details) but I expect Angie or Jeff will enlighten folks soon.

• That is one bad ass header. Really improved response and I changed from a 1320.

Welter Performance is in my opinion one of the best vendors in the Slingshot aftermarket industries.

As far as Jeff and coming up with something to help with the fumes, the man and his family work 24/7 to provide you the best product for our Slings. I watched him working on the fume issue in Kerrville and when he gets it right he will put it on the market.

And that’s all I got to say about that! :D

• Not trying to keep everyone waiting.

It’s basically an air deflector. Jeff has tested and it’s taken fumes from 20ppm down to 2ppm. It’s a sure fix. But he is still working to find the perfect placement and also make it. They will be available within the month. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• @angie@WP and everyone else,
    Don't take my comments the wrong way, I love the setup but we have all known for a long time this is an issue. The timing is crazy tho as I was going to have a local exhaust shop rip into it this weekend and find a solution. Change it to side exit, lower the pipes, something. I am just glad something is in the works and sounds relatively simple.

Best,
    Mike

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting

• @MikeKC you have to understand that we are look at each other as family. Especially those who have been on here for a very long time.
    Your comments did come across very negative, but we (well I) was pretty certain you did not mean it that way.

Keep in mind that from the time @Jeff Welter developed his exhausts the SS has changed with tops, windshields, etc. Fumes became an issue for some, but not others.
    Jeff has never not been working on a solution whether it is a high flow CAT to allow for boosts to remain boosted and less fumes to now an air deflector. If he could have done it faster he would have.

Looking forward to seeing what you have Jeff. If you need a 2018 tester, feel free to hit me up at MV.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @SlingRider - @MikeKC you have to understand that we are look at each other as family. Especially those who have been on here for a very long time.
    Your comments did come across very negative, but we (well I) was pretty certain you did not mean it that way.

I am part of the family, been on this site and the "other" site since before the slingshot was for sale. I owned the second slingshot in Kansas City, I have help and worked on countless projects for and with the slingshot and will continue to do so. But sometime you need to speak your mind and that is what I was doing. Real family understand that (as you did) and life goes on. If you can't be real with your family something is wrong. :)

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting