• I just flipped the channel on the last 12 laps to see how many people were in the stands. You reckon they have figured out yet that they should have kept their mouth shut about the Confederate Flag. The straw that broke the camel's back so to say. I saw two good overhead shots of the stands, looked like they did not even do 1/2 of the seats. I have watched racing and NASCAR for about 66 years, I do not watch anymore, I just flip over to the race to see how many people are in the stands and laugh.

• The track here in Daytona removed the entire back stretch seats as well as the first section off turn 4 when they did their track renovations. Not sure how many seats they added to the front stretch, but I'm sure they lost close to 50,000 seats

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The track here in Daytona removed the entire back stretch seats as well as the first section off turn 4 when they did their track renovations. Not sure how many seats they added to the front stretch, but I'm sure they lost close to 50,000 seats

The track here in Daytona removed the entire back stretch seats as well as the first section off turn 4 when they did their track renovations. Not sure how many seats they added to the front stretch, but I'm sure they lost close to 50,000 seats

If I remember that was something like 35,000 seats for Daytona. In two years there NASCAR removed what amounted to 1/3 of all of their seats across the board except Bristol and Martinsville. They may have taken some of them down since then. There was a web site that listed this removal of seats by the track. In Charlotte they took all the back straight seats and all of the seats that they had just installed from turn 3 entrance all the way past turn 4.

• It's not just NASCAR, it's IndyCar too. The kids just aren't interested. It's amazing to watch a race and see just how far they go out of their way not to have a camera shot of the stands. The Indy 500 has fewer attendees than what showed up in the '60's and '70's for the first of four days of qualifications. I can't imagine how hard it is for the teams and the tracks to get sponsorship. Sad to say but NASCAR and IndyCar are both dying a slow death.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• It's not just NASCAR, it's IndyCar too. The kids just aren't interested. It's amazing to watch a race and see just how far they go out of their way not to have a camera shot of the stands. The Indy 500 has fewer attendees than what showed up in the '60's and '70's for the first of four days of qualifications. I can't imagine how hard it is for the teams and the tracks to get sponsorship. Sad to say but NASCAR and IndyCar are both dying a slow death.

NASCAR created their own problems with a series of bad mistakes. The first one was was dumping their roots and trying to go nation wide and the second was going to the night races has been down hill since that one. Then there was a couple more and then the straw that broke the camels back the Confederate Flag issue. That was the second hit on their roots. I have all 4 or 5 of them wrote down somewhere.

• When they started publicly bad mouthing those from the South, started trying to tell folks who they should vote for, and took a public stance against the Confederate flag I was "done" and I will be "done" forever regardless of what they do now. I have washed my hands of them period. Maybe they can come up with some grand scheme to get the millennials interested enough to support their sport. If not they can get a JOB like the rest of us.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• It's a catch- 22. They need big money sponsors BUT those sponsors force them to lean more towards political correctness and the Lib way of not offending anyone....which drives away the traditional NASCAR fan. When it comes to attracting today's youth to their sport...forget it. Youth participation in all sports is down. Today's kids don't see driving as an activity that is entertaining. They won't pay to go watch a race.

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• I do remember one of the other problems and that was when they decided they (NASCAR) was going to run Ethnol they destroyed about half the season on that one. The cars could not run but about 23 laps on that stuff, the normal pit stops were somewhere in the 50's for tires at the time so it was continous pit stops for fuel. Larry Mac spoke about it on that speed vision show at the time for just a minute until the caught him and went to commercial, got his hands slapped for that one. I was watching the show when it happened ,it was a live show at the time. NASCAR did not want him talking about the problems. I don't remember how they solved that problem, but you can bet the gas tank got a lot bigger. Things would still be a lot better if they were running straight gas today

• I do remember one of the other problems and that was when they decided they (NASCAR) was going to run Ethnol they destroyed about half the season on that one. The cars could not run but about 23 laps on that stuff, the normal pit stops were somewhere in the 50's for tires at the time so it was continous pit stops for fuel. Larry Mac spoke about it on that speed vision show at the time for just a minute until the caught him and went to commercial, got his hands slapped for that one. I was watching the show when it happened ,it was a live show at the time. NASCAR did not want him talking about the problems. I don't remember how they solved that problem, but you can bet the gas tank got a lot bigger. Things would still be a lot better if they were running straight gas today

NASCAR has forgotten what made them. Everyday people made the sport. There are too many races and money pits. All racing started as a poor man sport. It has grown too big. It takes money to race. All racing is going down the drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Bringing an old post back. Brian France was the downfall of the sport, he is just into it for the money. Bidding wars for the telecasts that went to pay only channels, leasing tires to the teams, fuel injection, control of things as small as the issuing of the airgun to make a "level playing field". Oh, and the big one that killed it for me, trying to emulate other sports, its auto racing not football or basketball or soccer. There are no quarter periods, half time crap it's a race, it starts and runs til the end.

LC

• Kind of cool out (54) so I will be in the play room. This will be the first NASCAR race that I have watched in over 5 years, Just want to see what will happen with NASCAR's latest and greatest change to racing. I will probably find something else to do in a little while. I need to get to the Welter Dual install on Sling II, I am waiting for a good day with my back, but looks like that is not going to happen so it looks like it will be a little bit of work on the install each day.

• I'm watching. My first watch in a few years also. I just like the idea that things are getting back to normal (at least for now). I'm curious with the new engines also. Going to give it a chance. Besides it's cold outside in Jersey today!

• Thanks FunCycle I didn't realize this was on today. I've been out working on the pto clutch on my Cub Cadet - this is way more entertaining.

I plan to go to my 1st NASCAR race in Phoenix in March if the schedule works out on a trip to Dayton, TN and back with a buddy who bought a car there.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm watching. My first watch in a few years also. I just like the idea that things are getting back to normal (at least for now). I'm curious with the new engines also. Going to give it a chance. Besides it's cold outside in Jersey today!

Well the grand stands are full, everybody does remember that they took down 85,000 seats in Daytona years ago.

• Thanks FunCycle I didn't realize this was on today. I've been out working on the pto clutch on my Cub Cadet - this is way more entertaining.

I plan to go to my 1st NASCAR race in Phoenix in March if the schedule works out on a trip to Dayton, TN and back with a buddy who bought a car there.

You'll love it. TV does the sport no justice! Although Phoenix and Bristol are short tracks. Still fun to watch. I have been to Pocono and Delaware a few times. Delaware is a really small track.

• You'll love it. TV does the sport no justice! Although Phoenix and Bristol are short tracks. Still fun to watch. I have been to Pocono and Delaware a few times. Delaware is a really small track.

I have been watching racing since around 1955. The straw that broke the camel's back with NASCAR for me was the last run around about the Rebel flag. NASCAR should have stuck to running racing and stayed out of the politics along with Home Depot - Coke Cola - Hersey . Nope! I do not buy from them either.