Greetings from Tripod

• Hello, forum family! Miss me yet? It’s been a while & have been ‘balls to the wall’ busy - will be that way for quite some time but I’m lovin’ it.

I will try to pop in on the forum periodically but I will no longer try to keep up with all of the threads like the old days. I will use this thread to communicate, receive hate mail, etc.

Well, it’s a done deal... Picked up John & Nancy at the El Paso airport yesterday afternoon. They were rolling in the Sling about 9:00 AM.

Yesterday afternoon...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• John & Nancy are awesome people & we had a great time. I jokingly mentioned they had to leave a quarter on the back of the toilet for using my bathroom when they stayed overnight.

After they left this morning, found this... :00008172:

• Miss you brother...
    Please tell me you kept the glass picture of your SS.

Oh, HELL YES! Even showed it to John. That’s proudly on display in my office. The poster from @Ross is framed & on my garage wall. I removed the gremlin bell from the SS that @av8ingtom gave me & that’s going onto the Harley. The custom “Tripod” rear axle nut cover that @mytoy gave me was discussed between John & I - he said he’d keep running it “in memoriam.” The custom stereo bezels from @Slingshot Garage (& the funny Warning badge on the glovebox) also stayed with the SS. Also staying with the SS is the custom hydro dipped belt guard from @STYLN. A huge shout out to all of you (hope I didn’t miss anyone...?) for these heartfelt gifts.

One more thing - the @Painter valve cover & coil cover did NOT go with the SS. (I did include an installed stainless Alpha Powersports coil cover though). These items I need to get shipped back to Jim when I get a chance - he can repaint &/or regift as his generous heart decides.

• I’m sure that hurt a bit seeing it drive away (Slingshot)!
    Hey who’s the girlfriend? :thumbup:

That’s my best friend Juli - a retired, wealthy widow. :thumbup: We really are best friends & have each other’s back. She’s a class act.

• A random joke for ya’...

An Irish priest was transferred to Texas.

Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.

He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.

The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a
    little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment.......

Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, 'tis certainly true; but we are also obliged
    to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."