SS Model List

• I made an Excel spreadsheet for a friend (as well as my benefit) to assist in identifying SS models/years. Thought some might find it to be useful here. Couldn't upload Excel file (extension not allowed) converted to PDF, so each Excel tab is now it's own page, (providing everything works once I submit). Not as handy to navigate as Excel file. I have no doubt there is a better way to do this, I simply lack the tech skills. If there is already something like this posted, I apologize.

All Models - shows all models, 2015 thru 2018

Base “S” Models…
    Grey Metallic - 2015, 2016
    Gloss Black - 2016.5, 2017, 2018

SL Models…
    Red Pearl - 2015, 2016, 2016.5
    Turbo Silver - 2016.5
    Black Pearl - 2017
    Sunset Red - 2017, 2018
    Navy Blue - 2017, 2018

SL LE Models…
    Nuclear Sunset Orange - 2015
    Black Pearl - 2016
    White Pearl - 2016.5
    Blue Fire - 2016.5
    Midnight Cherry - 2017

SLR Models…
    Turbo Sliver/Black - 2017
    Orange Madness - 2017, 2018
    Electric Blue - 2018

SLR LE Models…
    Ghost Gray/Lime Squeeze - 2018

SL Icon Models…
    Monument White - 2018
    Zion Orange - 2018
    Dragon Green - 2018
    Daytona Yellow - 2018
    Midnight Purple - 2018

GT LE Models…
    Matte Cloud Gray/Indy Red - 2018

• So please help me - what exactly is the difference between the Red Pearl that apparently my 2016 SL is and the Sunset red? My color vision is lacking (partially color blind) I have seen these colors offered for aftermarket products like roofs and I would like to know if the difference is a big - - side by side samples posted would be very helpful for me to see if I can even see the difference

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• So please help me - what exactly is the difference between the Red Pearl that apparently my 2016 SL is and the Sunset red? My color vision is lacking (partially color blind) I have seen these colors offered for aftermarket products like roofs and I would like to know if the difference is a big - - side by side samples posted would be very helpful for me to see if I can even see the difference

Thanks

One is like red and the other more like a wine color

• One is like red and the other more like a wine color

which is yours in your avatar? to my color vision I would say it is like mine which would make it pearl - is that correct? - - - - I would love to see good size samples side by side - - sure would feel silly if I ordered a mod and received the wrong red and didnt even know :cursing: being partially color blind often leaves me second guessing or better yet getting help

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• which is yours in your avatar? to my color vision I would say it is like mine which would make it pearl - is that correct? - - - - I would love to see good size samples side by side - - sure would feel silly if I ordered a mod and received the wrong red and didnt even know :cursing: being partially color blind often leaves me second guessing or better yet getting help

When ordering from most of the vendors they are familiar with the different colors...let them know what you have and what you want to match as far as color.....

• which is yours in your avatar? to my color vision I would say it is like mine which would make it pearl - is that correct? - - - - I would love to see good size samples side by side - - sure would feel silly if I ordered a mod and received the wrong red and didnt even know :cursing: being partially color blind often leaves me second guessing or better yet getting help

Yes, that is the red with the small flakes which was the 2015 SL color. The next red was a darker wine color to me.

• As best as I know, the 2015 and 2016 base were not called anything, other than "Slingshot". They were not "S", at least not on my 2015 sales ticket.

And the 15 & 16 base colors were Titanium, not Grey Metallic.

-e
    Faster than light (only when driven by most anyone else) '15 Titanium

• That is fixed...
    I believe S Model replaced Base in 2018

My source for info... Polaris Slingshot Timeline History – All Model Years & Colors

Thanks for all the input.

not to put too fine a point on it, but Polaris screws a lot of stuff up and leaves it to the owners to fix or get right. I don't see why we should expect anything else from their history website.

• not to put too fine a point on it, but Polaris screws a lot of stuff up and leaves it to the owners to fix or get right. I don't see why we should expect anything else from there history website.

I hear ya... have no idea what SlingMods used as a source.