I know it's early...buuut

• This made me laugh so much lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• But I would also point out that there are several successful events, such as Booze & Blues, the Clarkesville Wine Fest, Sundre Slingfest, etc, in which the organizers aren't taking a paycheck.

But, to each his own. Whichever events move you, for whatever reasons, then you should go and enjoy them. We don't have enough time on this earth to make it worth doing something we don't enjoy *or* that doesn't have a meaningful purpose. (Since, of course, there are things we do that we don't necessarily enjoy but which have important purpose.)

• What happens if you show up in MV without registering first? Are you not allowed entry into the city, are you told to leave because you didn’t pay? Can you not enjoy the company of those who have paid? Are you not allowed to rent a room and park your Slingshot in the parking lot with everyone else? Are you not one of the “cool” kids?
    Are you made to eat your lunch at the nerd table?

Sorry, just curious!!!

I have registered and will be attending!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• my understanding is that you will not have access to the vendors or planned events

Your reservation at the nerd table has been confirmed

• Just to set the record straight - Ivor no longer owns the rights to Maggie Valley, Eureka Springs and Vail. He has sold it to Scott with Slingshotonly. Ivor will still be coordinating the events for the next 2 years. Yes you can go to Maggie Valley without registering and secure your own hotel accommodations BUT you will not be allowed in the fairgrounds without admission fee.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I understand what your saying but in my opinion big doesn't make things better. at least not for me. I'm more of a take off and see where I end up kind of guy. Big just means your not going to meet nine tenths of the people who went :D . Having an already made up itinerary would kind of spoil the fun for me. I just like to get out there and wing it. There's more adventure in not knowing what's going to happen next. I guess I'm just not a big crowds king of guy. Give me 1 (myself only) or maybe five and I would would think I'm in a pretty big crowd.

• I understand what your saying but in my opinion big doesn't make things better. at least not for me. I'm more of a take off and see where I end up kind of guy. Big just means your not going to meet nine tenths of the people who went :D . Having an already made up itinerary would kind of spoil the fun for me. I just like to get out there and wing it. There's more adventure in not knowing what's going to happen next. I guess I'm just not a big crowds king of guy. Give me 1 (myself only) or maybe five and I would would think I'm in a pretty big crowd.

obviously, you've never been... because your assumptions are all wrong about how these events are setup. You can be a loner, or you can be the entertainment. You can do group rides or you can go do your thing on the blue ridge.. there's no strict itinerary, there's no group hugs... less you want a group hug, and some ppl want to personalize/optimize/upgrade slingshot parts by the aftermarket manufacturers themselves.. because not every corner of the USA has a local slingshot aftermarket dealer brick and mortar to paruse through at leisure. It's the scenery, and getting ideas from other sling riders, either alone or in the group.
    So all that being said.... you don't have a clue if you like fried turkey until you have had a fried turkey. So if ya don't wanna go, then don't. This here is a thread about excited anticipation of vacating current residency. I'm sure there is a more appropriate Ho-Hum drive to the local grocery store thread here somewhere...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I wonder... did I just start a war here? ;) If I did I want you people to know I can get drunker 10,000 Indians. That was also the night I got scalped too so I know how to have fun in a large group. 8o

• No freaking... not freaking.

I ride single vehicle 99 percent of the time... not a big crowd type.

And I like adding mods. Lot easier to decide on mods when you can see, touch, and examine first hand.

Group events/rides allow you to look and hear from owners who have the mods you are interested in. A lot like this forum except you only get pics/vids...

And you have the option to pick and go do your own rides... but if you keep your ears open... you will hear of some fantastic routes.

Everyone has their own reason for attending or avoiding these events...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• and back on the main rail, I thoroughly enjoyed SSITR last year @Br4hm4 you guys were all great , the timed hill climb worked by Jeff Welter and his crew was a blast and your ride over Independence Pass where we all got out and enjoyed the snow at 12,095 ft was the ride of a lifetime ! Absolutely stunning scenery, I highly RECOMEND SSITR for the outstanding comradery, and anyone wanting to enjoy some of the most scenic rides through the Rockies your country has to offer !

• Just to set the record straight - Ivor no longer owns the rights to Maggie Valley, Eureka Springs and Vail. He has sold it to Scott with Slingshotonly. Ivor will still be coordinating the events for the next 2 years. Yes you can go to Maggie Valley without registering and secure your own hotel accommodations BUT you will not be allowed in the fairgrounds without admission fee.

Like, not even walk onto the fairgrounds? Or are you talking driving the Sling in? Is this discussion playing out *again?*

• Like, not even walk onto the fairgrounds? Or are you talking driving the Sling in? Is this discussion playing out *again?*

I will double check but I am pretty sure there will be an admission charge to enter the fairgrounds if you are not registered

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I will double check but I am pretty sure there will be an admission charge to enter the fairgrounds if you are not registered

It's a moot point for me personally, because we aren't going, but here we are a year later with the same greedy, money-grubbing, "me-first-and-fuck-everyone-else" philosophy about how to run an event that's really just gotten too big for its britches anyway... What a crying shame. Corporate greed apparently has no limits even in the Sling community.