What is the craziest/scariest

• thing you have ever seen in the woods? Hiking, hunting, fishing or whatever. Have you ever come across something that just wasn't right? There was a thread like this on a gun forum I used to frequent. There were some very interesting stories. Personally, I have never come across anything really unusual.

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• Many of the guys on here know I am terrified of snakes. Here is why. I was bout 17 and 5 of us were out coon hunting one night with dogs. We were on 3 wheelers drinkin beer and pulled over a ridge down into a slew and parked. No moon that night and you could not see your hand in front of your face. We passed beers out then shut the wheelers off to listen to the dogs run. As we sat there in the dark we began to hear a strange sound like leaves rustling but there was no wind. One of my buddies turned his headlight on and the ground was ALIVE with cottonmouths. There were hundreds slithering under and around the bikes we were sitting on. I froze in fear but my buddy had the presence of mind to bounce off the pegs getting his knees up on the seat. Overcome with fear I did the same as did everybody else. Thank God the bikes had electric starts or I might still be there. As we started up using our rifles to put the wheelers in gear we began to roll out. As we moved the snakes began striking at the wheels countless times. Took about 50 yards before no one saw anymore snakes. We got the dogs and got the hell out of the woods. When we got back to the trucks everybody agreed “FUCK COON HUNTIN” and I haven’t been back to that spot EVER !! If anybody ever tells you there is no such thing as huge dens of cottonmouths - tell em they are full of crap!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Snow shoeing in the bush with a friend and my dog miles from home. Misjudged nightfall and started to get dark fast.

Wolves around us started howling and dog took off. Kept heading out of the bush while frantically calling the dog. Suddenly there he was right in front of us..... but was dark and hard to tell. Called him to us but he wouldn't come.

As we got closer he let out a growl that to this day raises the hair on my neck. We got very lucky that day. He walked away, and we sprinted home. Dog eventually caught up to us in a field and didn't leave our side again.

Never been so shit scared

• I guess I was around 12 years old and my Dad and I were hunting in a heavily wooded area with lots of underbrush. I was crouched down trying to get under some brush when a pheasant I didn't realize was there took off right in front of me. The darned thing sounded like a B-29 and scared the daylights out of me.
    Another time, I had gone up a tall hill to let our neighbor know his lunch was ready and as I was running back down, I realized there was a rather large snake crossing the path in front of me. I basically just jumped up and grabbed a tree branch until the darned thing was gone!

• Here is a story from the other forum:

"Funny coming across this thread today as an old college buddy called who went to school with me at Trinity Valled in Athens, TX. TVCC is in a dry county, so you have to find stuff to do there in the town of 5,000 people. Local legend tells that it is a place where devil worshiping used to be a common occurence. Being 19 and invincible as most others were at this age, we went to check it out. I dont have any personal pictures, but check out this one i found online http://www.flickr.com/photos/special/5365690/page2/

There are supposed to be 5 points in the town that create a pentagram which were also under ground tunnels. i have seen one of the exits in fullers park. i have seen the monkey cages(they sacrficied monkeys bc they screamed the loudest). i have seen becks chappel where they used to hold their rituals and the cages they burned people alive in. its all in the deep east woods of texas, and no matter what every time i went there or took a group of buddies or girls to get them scared and to not want to go home, we always brought a knife and a mag light, bc without fail something freaky always happened. google devil worshipping and athens tx or fullers park or becks chappel. crazy stuff."

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• Here is a story from the other forum:

"Funny coming across this thread today as an old college buddy called who went to school with me at Trinity Valled in Athens, TX. TVCC is in a dry county, so you have to find stuff to do there in the town of 5,000 people. Local legend tells that it is a place where devil worshiping used to be a common occurence. Being 19 and invincible as most others were at this age, we went to check it out. I dont have any personal pictures, but check out this one i found online http://www.flickr.com/photos/special/5365690/page2/

There are supposed to be 5 points in the town that create a pentagram which were also under ground tunnels. i have seen one of the exits in fullers park. i have seen the monkey cages(they sacrficied monkeys bc they screamed the loudest). i have seen becks chappel where they used to hold their rituals and the cages they burned people alive in. its all in the deep east woods of texas, and no matter what every time i went there or took a group of buddies or girls to get them scared and to not want to go home, we always brought a knife and a mag light, bc without fail something freaky always happened. google devil worshipping and athens tx or fullers park or becks chappel. crazy stuff."

When it comes to those piney wood pulpwooders in East TX they are just as bad as voodoo in the Louisiana swamps !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Not seen by me but (and this is genuine),a previous girlfriend's farther worked in the UK special forces, way back when we Brits were still in Malaya

He not only got to see these, but actualy lived with them while on cooperation, in the jungle.

I recall him coming back home after seeing the film Gorillers In The Mist. He explained that it was much simpler to be accepted by them, than the film made out. But he was as hard as a very hard rock though.

Oh yes that's a true story.and knowing (just a little of) what else he had done I believe it.

All the best, from UK_Paul