• I got my slingshot ON TUESDAY, 18 slr le. 4 miles on the dash I drove 13 miles home. First impression:
    Why in the world this thing rev soo much?
    What's with the exhaust fume?
    why the clutch so far up?
    Why do I have to press on the gas kinda hard to accelerate?

Now, one may asked, you sounded like you didn't test drive one before purchased? I did, a 2016 tho. Regardless, I'M NOT COMPLAINING, I am very Happy with the purchased. I wanted something fun to add to my collections I feel like the slingshot was IT. My birthday is around the corner so happy early birthday to me.

(Current Collection)

1. 1963 Austin Princess
    2. 1962 Panhard
    3. 1968 Oldmobile Supreme
    4. 1994 Jeep Wrangler
    5. 2016 Honda Ruckus
    6. 2012 Mercedes benz cls 63 amg
    7. 2012 Bmw M3
    8. 2010 Mercedes Benz C300

I know mods are based of PP however, there are a few things that are 'must have' or at least everyone has; please send a list or few suggestions.

• First off congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot of things here and find more ways than you can count to spend your money. I'll try taking a stab at your questions.

1. That's a question we have all asked since they stated to deliver the 2015 back in November of 2014. The basic answer is that Polaris has the ecu programmed that way. Their idea to "help" you rev match for easier shifting. It may improve some as the ecu does in fact learn how you drive and adjusts some of the settings (temporarily) based on how you drive

2. It may get better as the coating burns off and you put some mileage on it. But there always will be that smell as their is very little insulation (ok, none) and you're in an open cabin with the factory exhaust exiting near the passenger's feet. AS you drive, the exhaust does get sucked back into the cabin. Replacing the exhaust system with some of the ones being sold by the aftermarket vendors may help you in this area.

3. The clutch is fully hydraulic, so if that doesn't change after a thousand miles, you might want to try "pumping" the clutch pedal many times in a row to self bleed any air that may be in the system. There is no bleeder fitting to accomplish that. Or let your dealer know about it. I never had that issue

4. The throttle does have an odd feel to it. There is no throttle cable as it is a drive by wire system. You may try using some spray lube on the actual pivot point under the dash on the arm of the throttle. In time you'll get used to it as well.

I wish I had better answers for you but it's second nature when I get into mine. I just ride it and accept it for what it is - one fun machine

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I got my slingshot ON TUESDAY, 18 slr le. 4 miles on the dash I drove 13 miles home. First impression:
    Why in the world this thing rev soo much?
    What's with the exhaust fume?
    why the clutch so far up?
    Why do I have to press on the gas kinda hard to accelerate?

Well, now, I'll take a stab at these.

Keeping in mind that this machine us not supposed to be like any other one you've probably driven, and certainly not the more civilized ones...

1. Is there another way to drive it? :P

2 & 3 I'll pass on, because those might require serious thought, and go straight to....

4. I don't know much about this problem, as I jam mine to the floor stop most of the time, but I will say it seems to get easier with time. Maybe it's just breaking in?

Welcome to the forum, and the joy of Sling ownership!

• first mod to get, shocks

@Renzel_509, I'll agree with the aftermarket shocks as the first mod, and if you use the search feature in this forum you'll find many threads about the different shock options out there.

That being said, highly recommend you drive it for a bit to help figure out which idiosyncrasies you want to fix/upgrade first.

• @Renzel_509, I'll agree with the aftermarket shocks as the first mod, and if you use the search feature in this forum you'll find many threads about the different shock options out there.
    That being said, highly recommend you drive it for a bit to help figure out which idiosyncrasies you want to fix/upgrade first.

But I thought the SLR LE comes with the blistein shock? What better shocks could one by, other than air suspension

• WOW!! The Austin Princess is very cool (hadda Google it) - love you to post some pics of that. Welcome to the forum - you are definitely in the right place to find out anything ya need to know about Slings

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• First mod?

That's easy!

Make sure your make-up is perfect!

People gonna be taking your pic everywhere...

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride.

Review the threads for stupid questions people ask about the Slingshot so that you will have the correct answers. :thumbsup:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Welcome @Renzel_509

Give it a few miles and you'll begin to fall in love. There is no end to the mods that you can do so don't be it too big of a hurry. Check out the SSITS rally coming up the end of May. Anything Sling that you can imagine should be there to see in person. If you see an incredibly good looking guy riding around in a sling just like yours say hello for that'd be me.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Greetings... like everyone has indicated and advised me, seat time is the key and just enjoy it... I unfortunately cant say I have taken that advise a I am constantly looking to Mod... congratz and welcome to the forum.... :00000436:

• For me the first mods are ones that Polaris should have done in the build. First get the convexed peel and stick mirrors. They will remove the blind spots and give you much more confidence when you know what is around you while driving in traffic.

Second get a short throw shifter. There is way too much slop and play in the OEM shifter. I swear it will make the clutch feel different, better, also.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

Edited once, last by Blaze ().