• welcome to the mad house, I haven't seen anyone review the OEM Bilstein clickers but assuming they are good you can skip the first mod every recommends(shocks) and move to the second (short throw shifter) and third (extended hinges)

Unless you are someone who never works on his sling(take it to the dealer/shop for everything) the extended hood hinges are a must, don't wait until you have hit your forehead against those sharp corners one too many times and draw blood.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• welcome to the party! Seriously consider buying these first you will not regret it. Everything else is gravy !

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I am thinking it is just a different handle. A short handle does not make a short shifter, the mechanics are changed.

I'm thinking that you are correct. According to the Polaris website, "Sparco Shift Knob". It doesn't say anything about short shifter.

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• welcome to the party! Seriously consider buying these first you will not regret it. Everything else is gravy !

@ Bill Martin Well thank you for being the first to give me a "dislike" ;( . Does this mean I lose a "like" on my chart? :00007956::00008698:
    What don't you like about the Mirrors? I found them to be incredible and don't need a rear view at all with them.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• @ Bill Martin Well thank you for being the first to give me a "dislike" ;( . Does this mean I lose a "like" on my chart? :00007956::00008698: What don't you like about the Mirrors? I found them to be incredible and don't need a rear view at all with them.

Wasn’t my first fat finger f@&k up —— prolly won’t be the last - sorry ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Nice ride. I have my eye on that model also. You are good with the stock Bilsteins on that one. Pics of the 442?

WOW!! The Austin Princess is very cool (hadda Google it) - love you to post some pics of that. Welcome to the forum - you are definitely in the right place to find out anything ya need to know about Slings.

@WmHBonney its a supreme not a 442. I got some pix

as for the shock I think its awesome. when I dialed it to 10 it feels like driving my m3
    I want the short throw sifter however they are not in stock, I have to wait

• @Renzel_509 you don't need new shocks for sure. The Bilstens are awesome. Dial them in around 3 on each for city driving and then up to 6 for twisties.

You will want to invest in the following depending on how you drive.
    If you want to drive fast and have lots of response then you need to invest in a Supercharger or turbo. I vote SC.
    Get aftermarket exhaust and header - I would look seriously into Welter. @Jeff Welter can hook you up. Even if you go with exhaust first go Boosted version so you are ready later.

Lastly you need to think top for those days that burn away at your head. This is a very personal preference.

Enjoy the heck out of it. I love mine. Have the same LIme Squeeze...

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Renzel_509 when installing the DDM short shifter make sure you grease the heck out of it and also turn it several times once it is in the white (I think it is white) bushing. There are always a few little tiny burs that need to be worked out. spend several minutes doing this until it move around smoothly.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Welcome @Renzel_509, you have selected the most fun vehicle there is and at a ok price range. As a new Owner visit my section of the forum, Sam Owens Media and Info Section. I provide a lot of video & photos directed to new Slingshot Owners to help with your learning experience. I response to owners needs for understanding. The Owners Manual is an ongoing discussion subject. Enjoy your ride!

• I'm late to the party,but welcome @Renzel_509! I wasn't going to mod mine when I got it nearly two years ago, I just planned to pretty much drive it. That didn't last long, I've changed more things on it than I ever did any of my Harleys. And being a Harley guy also, this is not what I thought you were referring to when you said "Panhead"..... :00008356::00008172:
    Nice collection though!

• Hey Jim. Don't know if you got an answer on this but you unscrew the Sparco ring on the bottom of the shifter and there is a set screw to remove. Easy. I put in a DDM short shift and @mytoy made my knob. I always thought the Sparco was too long.

Wow! That combination of words...

Don't ķnow if that should be in the NSFW section or I need to reset my filters...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: