Don't Buy STATUS Seat Covers! Order inaccuracy, horrible customer service, their black color is silver and they could care less!!

• Hello Studiopeg -

Wanted to start by saying that we appreciate the continued support you have given us and apologize for any inconvenience. Will has brought this to my attention. We usually do not accept custom seats / seat covers back due to the nature of them being so custom, but I do see you did not get the diamond stitch you did indeed order. We will go ahead and take these back from you no problem, and issue a full refund or change them out for new seat covers if you wish.

There are a few things I'd like to clear up as there are a few misconceptions that are in this thread. I just don't want future customers to get confused when ordering the Status / PRP custom covers & seats down the road. We try to make the builder as accurate as possible, however, all monitors show color a bit differently so it's always best to either call for suggestions, or get samples. I have attached the seat builder with the options you chose (minus the diamond stitch) to show a comparison of the picture attached. I have also attached the 3 swatches that have been mentioned in this thread to hopefully help customers in the future. Hope this clears some confusion, and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Please let Will know how you would like to proceed and we will get you squared away.

• Everybody: Sling Mods went WAY above and beyond on this one and took care of it themselves. PRP would NOT budge and didn't care in the least that their "Edge Black" color was actually silvery gray. No description, no disclaimer, nothing. If one orders "Edge Orange" and "Edge Black" one would think the texture would be the same and one would be orange, and one would be black...

Anyway, Sling Mods tried talking with them numerous times on this one and they would not budge.

So Sling Mods is taking them back and refunding me even though they didn't have to and this was NOT their fault. That says a LOT about Sling Mods!!! Anything Slingshot related I am sticking with SlingMods.com!

• That's the Josh I know and love (in a manly way). While he's in business to make money for himself, employees and his family, he knows that without all of us as satisfied customers, that won't be possible. He takes all complaints (and yes, everyone in business gets some complaints) personally, as somehow his company failed to meet your expectations. Meeting your expectations in Josh's mind is a given, as his goal to EXCEED your expectations. Once again Josh has shown that here.
    Thanks Josh, for choosing to support and supply the slingshot family as we all try to support your business.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Great that @slingmods stepped up to the plate and covered for Status/PrP dropping the ball, sad to see such an old company like PRP pull something like this, I've never dealt with them on slingshot related stuff but My friends and I have bought lots of their off road seats and they have always been a pleasure to deal with.

I guess the moral of the story is don't buy anything from them(PRP) without ordering swatches before hand or better yet don't buy anything from them to teach them to treat the customer better.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I've bought about $4,000 in mods from slingsmods.com in the last month, and now that they went out of their way for me, I will be purchasing everything else on my list from them too. This is what it's about folks.... slingsmods made a great business decision and PRP did not. I really don't want to diss PRP any more because slingmods.com sells their stuff, and I have to say the quality of it was great -- it just wasn't black.

Reminds me of my college sociology class where we studied a case where a frequent shopper wanted to return a non-returnable item to Saks Fifth Avenue. The customer service rep took the item back and gave the woman a $100 gift card toward future purchases. At first a few in the class snickered at the "dumb" rep, but that rep made a great business decision for Saks. That shopper no doubt returned to buy more and more and probably told all her friends what they did for her.

OK so I am partly to blame on this one since I didn't know to ask for swatches and I just assumed that black meant black. Live and learn.

I am REALLY impressed with SlingMods.com. I was going to have a local car dealer who is an authorized installer of Rev Dynamics' Accu Air Ride purchase and install that for me this summer. But now I will order it from slingmods and just have the local dealer install it.

And... today a company out there saw my Facebook post about this and offered to make me a fully customized set of SLR covers with a custom logo and take $200 off. Once again, another company knows what they are doing. PRP could take a few lessons here...

• Same class different story, mine was about a gentleman who went to nordstrom to return a set of tires that he had purchased "there" before(the store used to be a sears which closed then became nordstrom) and decided that he was not going to use it, the customer service rep took the tires and returned the man the money in a store voucher, this gentleman later found out about it no longer being sears from his daughter and from there on nordstrom became the default store for that family and their friends since everyone was so impressed about how the staff took care of that gentleman.

At the end of the day unless you are a fly by night operation it is better to lose a penny and gain/keep a customer than the contrary.

What PRP did was Penny wise and pound foolish.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I've said it before , and I'll say it again.......When I grow up, I wanna be just like Slingmods !

@kev, say it the way it is. There is no doubt that you will support the customer at the same, or higher level than Slingmods. Always. You just need the time and exposure to develop a track record. The bar has been set high by this one vendor, and they have done it well. You should do very well in this space.

Side note: I'm redeveloping a couple of products and will be contacting you soon.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @kev, say it the way it is. There is no doubt that you will support the customer at the same, or higher level than Slingmods. Always. You just need the time and exposure to develop a track record. The bar has been set high by this one vendor, and they have done it well. You should do very well in this space.
    Side note: I'm redeveloping a couple of products and will be contacting you soon.

Thank you Sir , and I look forward to hearing from you soon ! There are a few reputable members offering some very interesting products and I would love to discuss representing them all !