I can't figure out the conversions

• It seems every time I go back and forth about what the real price of gas is with gas being $1.28 a litre in Calgary. It costs us $1.261448 to buy a US dollar and there are 3.78541 litres in the US gallon.

There has to be a simpler way.

Without the use of all the decimals I think we multiply the price per litre by 3 and that is the price per US gallon so we are paying about $3.88 US for a US gallon in Calgary.

Now the confusing part I think if we divide the cost of a US gallon by 3 that gives us the cost of a litre in Canadian funds. So gas in Flag Staff is $2.70 a gallon so it is 90 cents a litre.

WTF we grow gas in the ground in Alberta.

Whats the price of gas in your area? Can someone smarter than me correct my math if I am out to lunch.

• Thanks for the spelling correction @KayTwo but we do speak 2 different languages. You would probably tell me that colour is spelled wrong and that centre is spelled wrong also. The speed limit in Canada is in kilometres but that is a grey area. I won't go into the pronunciation of lieutenant or about :) . Being a Canadian I can't tell the different between a Davenport and a Chesterfield. I can drink a soda or a pop. I don't do much labour at my job. It is really marvellous that we can communicate

The British English is slightly different than American English.

As Canadians we usually have the choice of what word to use. To make a long story short litre is the Canadian spelling.

We will see you as a traveller to Canada this summer and you will have a tonne of fun. Don't believe anybody when you drive a Slingshot the speed limit on the signs are in MPH :thumbsup:

• Ahh, I'm just funnin' ya. I grew up in ME, the street signs in the North are usually bilingual, and a lot of our speed/distance signs are also in kph.

I prefer grey to gray. The rest of that crappe can take a leape. :D

I've also already asked for (and received) guidance on how to switch my odometre (is that correct?) over to kph, which I will do right after I say hey to the Mounties at the border.

:P

• You are to sharp for me. All I know is that when you go to the parlour to sit on the Davenport. You'll have lots of fun up here you can stop driving and drink a two-four or a 26er of course being a lady maybe only a mickey eh. :D