Polaris Factory Tour

• remember - pictures or it didn't happen =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Rode up to the Polaris plant today... got there a bit late... everyone had gone inside for the tour.

But, they all got careless and left a parking lot full of Slingshots...

Not being one to let an opportunity go by...
    Snapped some pics.

Recognized one and possibly one other... pretty sure folks will chime in.

Just kind of curious what Patrick and his Slingshot talk about during their morning coffee.

Somebody who do the Voodoo...

That looks like one of @kevs windshields.

Heroes

Tops...

And then slipped around to the employee side and had lunch with the wife, @Guardian_Angel.

Sorry I missed you folks but looks like you had a great day without us!

• Yep, that's @Ghost for sure, I can see them all having a ball from here! and there,s a new voodo bumper, Twist Dynamics now has one out too, won,t be long and we,ll start seeing more of those front ends showing up around too, And the way @lrobbi,s wind screen is selling were going to start seeing them appear everywhere for sure. Yesterday I launched them on my site , spread the news around facebook and sold two in less than 24 hours !
    Can,t wait to hear from @Ghost and others about how they felt about the factory tour.

• Great great pics, that looked like a killer time and the weather looked fantastic.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• The factory tour was AWESOME. After getting signed in they feed us a great BBQ lunch with cookies for dessert. A short do’s and don’t do’s speech and then broke up into three groups of about 20 /25 people. We walked the assembly line from start to finish with an explanation of each station (58 in total) while having the ability to walk right up to the sling and talk to the people doing that portion of the assembly. We were given as much time to look at any portioned we wanted to without being told to stay together and keep moving. The people doing the assembly were very happy to talk with us, answering any questions we had with a smile and thank you. We had time to offer up suggestions about things that need attention and also ideas for future Slingshot’s. lots of great things are coming in the next few model years. After the tour we met with a lot of the factory workers and took most all of them for rides in our Slings. They loved that, because most of them have never been in one. That took almost 2 hours to get everyone a ride in.

Overall it was a great day and I also got to meet some members that I now call my friends.
    Thanks @Ghost, @larry, @Heavenboundx4 for a great time.
    Sorry I missed you @airoutlaw

The voodoo bumper belongs to Dan Luterman, not sure if he’s on the forum.

Our group also included @Fast Orange (Billy) and a couple of others that aren’t in this family.

@rabtech, wish you could have come out and joins us for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

Edited once, last by MWSlingshot ().

• The tour was interesting and cool. Didn't get to see the huge injection molding area. That would have been something I would have loved to have seen. Also getting to see the marriage of the engine and transmission is always an experience for those that see any vehicle as having a soul. Now what was interesting was seeing the rear swing arm being assembled on the line as the SlingShots rolled through. These are not sub-assemblies as I would have assumed. Spacers, bearings, and axle all.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• What a great way to pay it forward, or backward in this case, taking the time to give those who built your Sling a ride in one for the first time ! :thumbup:

• Sounds like a great day - I am officially jealous :thumbup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @MWSlingshot, @Heavenboundx4, @larry and everyone one else that participated in the "Factory Tour".

First of all THANK YOU to Wayne and the Scenic City Slingshot group for inviting us to participate!

Thanks to Larry and Anita for leading us on a great ride up to Huntsville! Always enjoy our time with ya'll!

Also a big THANK YOU to Michael, Sue, Eric and Swee for allowing us to hang out with ya'll yesterday evening and this morning!

It was a great event and a great weekend all around! Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Maggie Valley if not before. :thumbsup:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Trust me when i say, The big THANK YOU should be to you, Tim and Shirl. You two are a class above and a real pleasure to hang with. We sir are the privileged ones just getting to spent a great day, evening and short morning with you two. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Maggie.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I would like to give out a big thank you to all who were responsible for setting up this tour and also to all the employees of Polaris.

We learned all kinds of things and to see the birth of the SS from start to finish was pretty incredible. 58 stations and 6 minutes per station. Just under 6hrs to make one SS. It was also pretty cool to find out they only make them in Huntsville now. I say we make this a annual event.

I think my favorite part was giving rides to the employees. They were smiling from ear to ear and I was told several times this gives them new prospective when they worked on the SS line. They have never ridden in one.

This was our first overnight SS run. Started out at 5:30am Saturday morning with great temperatures of 48 degrees. We met up with four others in Gainesville Ga and then proceeded towards Huntsville where we met up with 35 other SS.

After the tour we then went back to the hotel with two other SS. Im bad with names so forgive me. After about 1000 times I will remember. After a brief rest it was dinner and then another ride into the night before calling it quits.

We arrived home Sunday night around 8:30pm. 738 miles totally. Now we need a vacation to rest from the weekend.

Over all it was a blast to meet and form new friends and start a new chapter in our life with the SS family.

• I was late to the SS game and can't believe I missed such a great event. I got my SS in late April. Who was smart enough to set this up? Count me in for next year!!!!! Where do I sign up?

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I was late to the SS game and can't believe I missed such a great event. I got my SS in late April. Who was smart enough to set this up? Count me in for next year!!!!! Where do I sign up?

The group from Chattanooga set it up and a fine job they did!

They are having an event there Sept. 15th in honor of the "Trail Of Tears" ride that is open to the public.

Hopefully there will be another Tour like the last one come spring time. It would be nice to make a two day event out of it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868