DDMWorks Turbo is one step closer to production

• That little video also does an excellent job of capturing exhaust/rear end discharges (from the rear tire in this case) being sucked back into the cockpit.

First thing I noticed too. (Well, second thing.)

I'm worried that continuously inhaling tire smoke is going to hurt rabtech. But at least he'll go with a terrified smile on his face!

• @Dave@DDMWorks that looks like an internal wastegate. If so, that should cut overboost almost completely out of your system. I remember in the initial Slingshot turbo talks years ago, it was fairly agreed by most that it was better, yet too big to fit the space. It appears you guys worked that out. Well done!

• @Dave@DDMWorks that looks like an internal wastegate. If so, that should cut overboost almost completely out of your system. I remember in the initial Slingshot turbo talks years ago, it was fairly agreed by most that it was better, yet too big to fit the space. It appears you guys worked that out. Well done!

Wolf the way this thing turns on power I usually run out of road before boost

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm sure I could negotiate a buy one get none free deal for you if you're interested. Or if you want a slightly used one, I'm sure Rabtech has 4 or 5 left over from his testing

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Have you changed the fuel pump at all?

Like @rabtech said, so far on E10 or better the stock pump has been holding fuel pressure just fine.

Darn it @Dave@DDMWorks no Moe Super Charger Love :(

Don't worry @lrobbi we have some love coming for the supercharger kits after Maggie Valley this year, Mr.Bob is coming back with us for a couple long days on the dyno.

@Dave@DDMWorks that looks like an internal wastegate. If so, that should cut overboost almost completely out of your system. I remember in the initial Slingshot turbo talks years ago, it was fairly agreed by most that it was better, yet too big to fit the space. It appears you guys worked that out. Well done!

The Borg Warner EFR's do use an internal wastegat on the turbo. The internal wastegate on the EFR's holds boost amazingly well, the boost curves on the first ones we have been doing and running shoot right up to the target pressure and then are just a level line all the way until you let off the gas, no overshoot or wavering.

The fitment testing on the system has gone very well, the next stop is a trip out to Slingmods in just over a week for an installation out there and a couple days of tuning on the streets of LA with the new turbo. Here is what the final kit looks like -

We have most all of the parts back from production, we are just working to secure timeframe on the actual turbo cores for the first batch and once we have that finalized we will be releasing more information and start pre-orders for the system.

Welter has also now completely developed a downtube from our turbo to their exhaust systems.

• Any idea of pricing yet?

The base kit will be introduced at $4500 in black or red powdercoat options for the charge tubes. Additional custom powdercoat colors are available for $100. The price includes the tune from Bob, just like our supercharger kits. All the other normal parts that we include will be there also, bigger fuel injectors, 2 bar MAP sensor, intercooler, shrouding, oil and water lines, etc. The kit does come with a new oil pan included, there is no core charge and no need to send your old oil pan back to us. We are draining the oil from the turbo into the pan, but in a completely different location than the Alpha kits did, and we have checked and made sure that the location that we are draining to is above the level of the oil while the engine is running. The base kit does not come with an exhaust since we have worked with Welter to have their exhausts work with our turbo now and most of our customers have gone with the Welter setup on the Supercharger. The V-band setup on our exhaust makes connection to the exhaust extremely easy to do, no small little bolts to worry about loosening up,etc. We will have a front exit exhaust for the turbo in the future though, but no ETA or pricing for that option at this time. Deposit will be the same as our supercharger kits, 1/2 due at time of order and the balance when the kit ships. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Folks this is one hell of an impressive system.
    I promise you that you will not be disappointed in looks or performance

Thanks @MACAWS!

• The base kit on a stock cast exhaust manifold @7.5psi, put down 270hp and 310 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheel on our dyno. That is on a very safe tune we developed with Bob with remote tuning and it has VERY conservative timing advance. Once we take it out to Slingmods and tune with Bob on the street, where we can add some timing back in, I am very confident we will be in the 280-290HP at the wheels range. We typically shoot for upper 200's at the wheel and do not go too far above that, since 300hp at the wheels is kinda our upper limit we recommend on the stock engine.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• Thanks for the quick reply!...I just may be shopping a new setup after this weekend. The idea of 1/2 down and 1/2 when it ships is a good selling point alone.

Are there HP numbers available yet?

I don't know Dave's official HP on a stock motor but on built motors the numbers are very impressive. But what is more impressive is response. This set up spools up and responds incredibly fast. Very exciting to drive. I have tried several different combinations working with Doc Frankenstein "Dave" and I must tell you this one hits it out of the park.
    If you are a turbo kind of guy - you will get everything you want plus more. Also as @rabtech will tell you it makes the coolest turbo noises.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I don't know Dave's official HP on a stock motor but on built motors the numbers are very impressive. But what is more impressive is response. This set up spools up and responds incredibly fast. Very exciting to drive. I have tried several different combinations working with Doc Frankenstein "Dave" and I must tell you this one hits it out of the park.
    If you are a turbo kind of guy - you will get everything you want plus more. Also as @rabtech will tell you it makes the coolest turbo noises.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~