Tool kits for the road?

• As I embark on my 6-7 thousand mile 25 day ride in the next few days. I realize that I will need an oil change and it will have to be done by someone other than a dealer. Should I bring my oil filter socket or will all quick oil change locations have the metric 34mm? socket ?(I am at work so I don't know the size exactly) I am bringing a set of wrenches, set of sockets,flat head screw driver, Phillips screw driver, tire plug kit,can of instant inflate, side cutters, buck knife, wallet and Good Sams Roadside assistance card.

A friend in Northern Indiana goes to 'Jiffy Lube' or one of the drive thru places...
    Just pulls forward in the OUT door to center over the pit. Most car dealers don't have the lifts to pick but the Slingshot. The 'pit' works great.

• As I embark on my 6-7 thousand mile 25 day ride in the next few days. I realize that I will need an oil change and it will have to be done by someone other than a dealer. Should I bring my oil filter socket or will all quick oil change locations have the metric 34mm? socket ?(I am at work so I don't know the size exactly) I am bringing a set of wrenches, set of sockets,flat head screw driver, Phillips screw driver, tire plug kit,can of instant inflate, side cutters, buck knife, wallet and Good Sams Roadside assistance card.

If you're passing through SW Washington about then, we can knock it out at my place. Seriously, post up you're route and somebody is likely to help with that. And cook ribs...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks for the info . I am not big on photos @Ross but we are leaving Calgary going to Cold Lake to convince @Canoehead that his next wife would let him go alone on a trip with us. Then heading to Whistler British Columbia for Canada Day. Then work our way down the West Coast (Hwy 101) to Sacramento to Reno to Salt Lake to SSITR's then back home. Now that being said Murphy's Law, being self employed and the weather could change all of that. @Bigdog I will be sure to remember the torx. So if I understand you right @EjFord that I will leave my metric socket for the oil filter at home, it will free up so much more room for my extra lighter or Mars bar. @SlingLow we were considering going your way to visit an old employee who lives in Gladstone but we will see what the next week brings us. You did say my most favourite 4 letter word "ribs" which is close to my other favourite 4 letter words "free", "beer", "girls", "speed","coffee" and of course "Pamela Anderson".
    We will be on a radar route if we see rain on the radar we will go around it if possible and find new and exciting places that we have never been. If we can't go around it we go through it. Who know's we might end up in Texas by default @jorgebri60. Our only objective is SSITR'S on the 11th or 12th or 13th or 14th or 15th. All I know for sure is that I have to be back at work on the 23rd or 24th or 25th or 26th.... It is so tough having such an inflexible itinerary :)

• Thanks for the info . I am not big on photos @Ross but we are leaving Calgary going to Cold Lake to convince @Canoehead that his next wife would let him go alone on a trip with us. Then heading to Whistler British Columbia for Canada Day. Then work our way down the West Coast (Hwy 101) to Sacramento to Reno to Salt Lake to SSITR's then back home. Now that being said Murphy's Law, being self employed and the weather could change all of that. @Bigdog I will be sure to remember the torx. So if I understand you right @EjFord that I will leave my metric socket for the oil filter at home, it will free up so much more room for my extra lighter or Mars bar. @SlingLow we were considering going your way to visit an old employee who lives in Gladstone but we will see what the next week brings us. You did say my most favourite 4 letter word "ribs" which is close to my other favourite 4 letter words "free", "beer", "girls", "speed","coffee" and of course "Pamela Anderson".
    We will be on a radar route if we see rain on the radar we will go around it if possible and find new and exciting places that we have never been. If we can't go around it we go through it. Who know's we might end up in Texas by default @jorgebri60. Our only objective is SSITR'S on the 11th or 12th or 13th or 14th or 15th. All I know for sure is that I have to be back at work on the 23rd or 24th or 25th or 26th.... It is so tough having such an inflexible itinerary :)

That is an awesome trip! Give me a heads up if you head to Gladstone and if it's oil change time we can do it here and I'll make good on the rib offer. I can also do 'free', 'beer' and 'coffee'. After 31 years of marriage I don't know any 'girls', I haven't done 'speed' since the 70's (probably not what you were talking about), and I've never done 'Pamela Anderson'. Good luck on the weather. We are heading to Sundre so if you don't come through here, maybe we'll see you up there. Safe travels!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Hey @Stairgod you know that Texas is a big state if you get lost around @jorgebri60 just keep heading south and Laredo is not far and I have ribs cooked on mesquite!
    Just look at map and the southern end of I 35 you will find this hot box. It was only 101 with heat index of 110. Not quite time to get jackets out.
    Anyway have a safe trip and a great time as well.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Not sure if this has been mentioned here as I only glassed through but don't forget about the small storage under the passenger hump. I keep a small set of torx and driver in glovebox and that allows me to open the hump up and I have a small compressor and tire kit in there. Also keep a leatherman in the glovebox for the unknowns

• @gooseman I saw a previous post about this and thought about it but I have a can of tire gunk instead of an air pump. Tonight we are loading up so we will see how much stuff gets left in the garage. I have the tire plug kit and I am debating about wrenches versus sockets. One thing I do know is if I leave something behind I will need it. Are metric tools readily available in the US?

• @gooseman I saw a previous post about this and thought about it but I have a can of tire gunk instead of an air pump. Tonight we are loading up so we will see how much stuff gets left in the garage. I have the tire plug kit and I am debating about wrenches versus sockets. One thing I do know is if I leave something behind I will need it. Are metric tools readily available in the US?

You will have no problem getting metric tools in the U.S.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies