Tool kits for the road?

• May be just the 3 answers we got after 2 phone caslls and a suoervisor but our AAA with motorcycle rider will not cover the Slingshot for towing (flatbed) - only gasoline .... so we dropped it

Just our experience

you get emergence fuel delivery and locksmith service for a motorcycle without the optional RV and Motorcycle service the optional service cost an additional $37 and specifically adds towing - this is from the AAA page - as a side question wouldn't all motorcycles require a flatbed? its not like you could just lift one end and tow it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• About 5 years ago I learned that one should NEVER use 'cruse control' when the roads are wet or possible black ice. Left a beautiful Lincoln TC in MO using cruse control...lucky only car damaged. Learned the from a Leo who stopped to help.

learned the same lesson after sneaking in to say "good night" to my girlfriend (now ex-wife) when we were in high school - hit black ice and took my pickup truck down an embankment into a farm field ...... had to call my ex-father-in-law and explain why I was 4 miles away, in a field, at 2am, needing a ride or a tow when I lived another 40 miles away

• I have Hagerty+ for my antiques and classics and I think it will cover fuel and towing for my personal vehicle but not sure about the sling. Guess I need to call and ask.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• May be just the 3 answers we got after 2 phone caslls and a suoervisor but our AAA with motorcycle rider will not cover the Slingshot for towing (flatbed) - only gasoline .... so we dropped it

Just our experience

We dropped AAA when the tow truck decided to haul our car 15 miles away instead of to the dealer a mile down the road that we told them to take it too. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• Has anyone explored the autocycle classification with AAA? After reading theses recent posts, I think I need to make a phone call. Also, many motorcycle policies include towing making AAA unnecessary or redundant.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I want to say thank you for starting this thread. It may have taken over a year, but this reminded me to throw a wrench with a t40 socket and my leatherman in the glove box. this will be enough to get to the battery if needed and perhaps a bit more - really cant see me doing any flat repairs on the side of the road or any other serious repairs so if this isnt enough then AAA will have to do. Anyway thanks again for the reminder - cant believe I asked about tools and then totally forgot ;(:/

• now that I have the tools to gain access to the battery I should probably add one of those portable lithium battery jump starters. Can anyone here make a recommendation for one they have actually used that you liked?

• My son, Ghost Ryder and myself mounted a tire on a rear wheel for the sling in the floor of the shop with plain hand tools. It wasn't easy but we did it and it was mostly just to prove we could because we had a no-mar tire changer there to do it with.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Do they get paid by the mile?

He did it so he could make extra money so I guess so. I told to go blow and didn't pay him anything which is what I was suppose to pay him. Dispatch is the one who told him to take it to the other place, sounded like the dispatcher was going for some kickback money.

• My son, Ghost Ryder and myself mounted a tire on a rear wheel for the sling in the floor of the shop with plain hand tools. It wasn't easy but we did it and it was mostly just to prove we could because we had a no-mar tire changer there to do it with.

I lied, I lied, I lied!!!!!!!

In addition to the "plain hand tools" I used a bead buster. Sorry bout the false claim but my memory didn't kick in until I was posting on another thread. :S

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• As I embark on my 6-7 thousand mile 25 day ride in the next few days. I realize that I will need an oil change and it will have to be done by someone other than a dealer. Should I bring my oil filter socket or will all quick oil change locations have the metric 34mm? socket ?(I am at work so I don't know the size exactly) I am bringing a set of wrenches, set of sockets,flat head screw driver, Phillips screw driver, tire plug kit,can of instant inflate, side cutters, buck knife, wallet and Good Sams Roadside assistance card.

• As I embark on my 6-7 thousand mile 25 day ride in the next few days. I realize that I will need an oil change and it will have to be done by someone other than a dealer. Should I bring my oil filter socket or will all quick oil change locations have the metric 34mm? socket ?(I am at work so I don't know the size exactly) I am bringing a set of wrenches, set of sockets,flat head screw driver, Phillips screw driver, tire plug kit,can of instant inflate, side cutters, buck knife, wallet and Good Sams Roadside assistance card.

did I miss some posts or is senility setting in. Where are you headed? How many photos will you be posting every day? Are you passing nearby where I can offer you a cold drink and a warm meal? How many photos will you be posting every day?

Check the members map and PM someone when it comes time. I'll bet there will be someone around the 3 to 4000 miles mark.

I feel like I missed an announcement. Start a thread, and post updates. I'm sure that anyone in reasonable distance to your route would provide help, a bed, and/or a meal. If you come through Greenville, SC, the door is open.