Can the back cig. plug be used for a battery tender and heated gear?

• Not familiar with these cigarette type plugs. On my motorcycle, I had to wire the Battery Tender Jr. and heated gear coax directly to the battery terminals. I've looked at threads and know the battery on the SS isn't easy to get to.

Can that back center port be used for these things? All I would need then is an adapter. That would save me a lot of wiring time if so. I searched through threads and only found that that plus is always on and the glove compartment one is not.

Thanks for any info............

• You do know that there are plugs under the seats for heaters, right? Polaris ran the harness, but never installed heated seats or an option for them. At least the early models did. Not sure if they decided to save the money on the newer ones and not do that

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You do know that there are plugs under the seats for heaters, right? Polaris ran the harness, but never installed heated seats or an option for them. At least the early models did. Not sure if they decided to save the money on the newer ones and not do that

Not trying to hijack the thread, but.... So are the wires already powered and just need a switch added? I am getting ready to order some seats and was going to get the heated option.

• I would show caution when using more than one item of heated clothing. If you have ever taken the back end of your Slingshot apart you will see how scary small the wire gauge is running to that power port.
    Best bet with heated clothing is following the recommended installation instructions and run it directly to the battery or fuse box using the fuse that is rated for the amount of clothing you will be connecting. Running wires on the Slingshot is rather easy.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I would show caution when using more than one item of heated clothing. If you have ever taken the back end of your Slingshot apart you will see how scary small the wire gauge is running to that power port.
    Best bet with heated clothing is following the recommended installation instructions and run it directly to the battery or fuse box using the fuse that is rated for the amount of clothing you will be connecting. Running wires on the Slingshot is rather easy.

I would show caution when using more than one item of heated clothing. If you have ever taken the back end of your Slingshot apart you will see how scary small the wire gauge is running to that power port.

What does this mean in real terms? I have heated pants and a jacket that connect together. You are saying there is a chance they can... what? Thanks!

• What does this mean in real terms? I have heated pants and a jacket that connect together. You are saying there is a chance they can... what? Thanks!

Don't use it for heated gear, at best you will blow the fuse but most likely given the fact this is a polaris vehicles it will catch on fire.

PS, found someone who does a worse wiring job than polaris..... and the fact she was really proud while pointing at it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Somewhere in the forum there is located a wire size/amp rating chart. I though I had it Bookmarked but I did not. This brings up the point of finding useful things such as this again when you need it. The easy way is to use the Bookmark feature on the forum and add a description to it that you will understand later to find the correct bookmark that you need for the information.

• Yes, when you are pulling too much current through a wire gauge that is too small the wire will heat up. Best case scenario it will pop the fuse. Worst case scenario you melt the coating on the wire causing a short or a spark.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Somewhere in the forum there is located a wire size/amp rating chart. I though I had it Bookmarked but I did not. This brings up the point of finding useful things such as this again when you need it. The easy way is to use the Bookmark feature on the forum and add a description to it that you will understand later to find the correct bookmark that you need for the information.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• OK this is very helpful. I will use the cig. plug for the battery tender. But for my heated gear, I will do the wiring.

I have searched the internet high and low for a picture of the 2017 battery terminals... found nothing of the terminals, just pics of the battery from the side. The heated gear coax connector is made for a small motorcycle battery's terminals. Not sure if they are going to go on the SS terminals since I can't find a pic of them. Guess I have going to have to freeze in the garage tomorrow and have a look at the battery. Below is what they look like.

• OK this is very helpful. I will use the cig. plug for the battery tender. But for my heated gear, I will do the wiring.

I have searched the internet high and low for a picture of the 2017 battery terminals... found nothing of the terminals, just pics of the battery from the side. The heated gear coax connector is made for a small motorcycle battery's terminals. Not sure if they are going to go on the SS terminals since I can't find a pic of them. Guess I have going to have to freeze in the garage tomorrow and have a look at the battery. Below is what they look like.

While you have the battery exposed install some remote battery terminals for jump starting.