Can the back cig. plug be used for a battery tender and heated gear?

• I've been running warm & safe gear for 2 years now. Wife has jacket and gloves I have the same plus heated pants. They came with their own wiring with inline fuse. Very simple to run directly to battery. No worry about overloading the stock wiring. I also use the 12v plug between seats for the battery tender. Has worked with no issues for past 3 winters.

• I took a quick glance last night, there's something there but I'm not sure what. I will look tomorrow as I plan to spent a lot of time tomorrow working on the sling.
    Side topic: last night I was taking the roll bar covers off, verrrryyy carefully. The magnetic attachment on my drill wouldn't fit so I had to hold my hand under as I was drilling the screws out. Of course, the last screw bounced off my hand and into the roll bar well, lost forever.

Unfortunately it's a torx and no local hardware stores have these.

Any clue where I can get a replacement? I searched amazon and there are some replacements of similar torx screws for other Polaris vehicles but not the Sling.

Try posting a pic of the area you think it fell into and maybe one of us can provide some tips on locating the screw.
    In my area, there are several ACE hardware stores, all of which have a better selection of metric bolts and screws than the typical; big box hardware stores. A couple of the ACE hardware stores have even bigger selections than others. They can be a little more expensive, but you won't be paying exorbitant shipping on small items.
    Another option is checking with a used ATV dealer if you don't have a Polaris Slingshot dealer nearby. As long as they can order a part as part of their normal delivery and it's a small piece like a screw or bolt, you shouldn't have to pay extra for shipping.
    There aren't any Rural King stores in your area, but I ordered an RK AGM34 battery online last year for just over $100 on sale, normally priced around $125, an exellent price for an AGM batteyr. Pep Boys carries a Bosch branded battery that looks identical - Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery Group, Size 34 | 838883 | Pep Boys and it's on sale for less than $150. Both batteries are fit in the original 2015 or aftermarket larger battery trays. I should ad that the battery wasn't packed as well as I would have preferred, but it got here OK.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Not trying to talk you into changing your mind, but I still have the original battery that came with my slingshot. Delivered to me November 21, 2014. No problems with it at all except when I left my leds on and didn't notice it for 4 days. Battery was stone dead, but charged up find and has been fine since. Never had to use a battery tender since it usually doesn't sit too long between rides

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If you are referring to the openings thru which the roll bars are mounted to the frame, I'd expect the missing screw to have either fallen thru to the floor or to possibly be sitting on top of the gas tank, depending on whether you dropped it into the outer or inner opening.
    There are only 2 types of screw used to fasten the roll bar/hoop covers together.
    One is a standard body panel screw commonly used on the Slingshot - B078JPSH8Q. The other is a dual-thread design designed to secure plastic to plastic and is also used to hold the painted trim pieces near the mirrors and the plastic accent hood panels to the bottom of the hood - B000N3JT10. I included the Amazon links so you can easily id which screw you're looking for. Good Luck.
    You might find these pics useful in trying to figure out where the screw might have fallen/lodged -
    2017 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T17AAPF/AARF/AASF) Chassis, Main, & Rear Asm. All Options | Babbitts Polaris Partshouse,
    2017 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T17AAPF/AARF/AASF) Body, Rear Asm., Upper All Options | Babbitts Polaris Partshouse,
    2017 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T17AAPF/AARF/AASF) Body, Rear Asm., Lower All Options | Babbitts Polaris Partshouse.
    If it fell into the outer opening, it might have landed on the little shelf-like area on Items 4 or 10 in the last link. Both of those panels come off pretty easily.
    Also, be very careful when reinstalling bolts or screws. The soft cheese Polaris makes their fasteners from can be all too easily cross-threaded when using a power driver to reinstall them. Your best bet is to start them by hand and if you feel any resistance to screwing them in, assume they might be trying to cross-thread themselves and try to start them again.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Not trying to talk you into changing your mind, but I still have the original battery that came with my slingshot. Delivered to me November 21, 2014. No problems with it at all except when I left my leds on and didn't notice it for 4 days. Battery was stone dead, but charged up find and has been fine since. Never had to use a battery tender since it usually doesn't sit too long between rides

same here got my SL 12/20/14 no battery issues to date

• It fell in the inner hole on the gas tank side. The first thing I did was thoroughly check the floor. Well, I broke down and bought a bunch at Babbits, just to have some spare ones on hand.

• I would show caution when using more than one item of heated clothing. If you have ever taken the back end of your Slingshot apart you will see how scary small the wire gauge is running to that power port.
    Best bet with heated clothing is following the recommended installation instructions and run it directly to the battery or fuse box using the fuse that is rated for the amount of clothing you will be connecting. Running wires on the Slingshot is rather easy.

I did just what @WraithSSwra says and it works fine for me. I can connect my heated clothes (for our, wet, British sunshine) and also a battery tender, (for our wetter winters).

All the best, from UK_Paul