Light bar install

• Need electrical help. I want to see farther down the road than I can now. Will a light bar do the trick and could it be tapped into the hi beam circuit so it'll go off when lights are dimmed. I'm sure a relay would be needed, I'm familiar with wiring a relay but need to be sure I can trigger the relay with hi beam circuit. Help please.

• I did exactly what you are planning. I powered the LED bar from a fused battery feed and used a relay triggered by the high beam circuit. I also put a dash switch in the circuit in case I do not want the bar on for some reason.

• Personally, I feel if you can find some actual High Beam headlights, you will get better down-the-road illumination compared to a typical LED light bar which usually throws light all over the place, but primarily lights the area just in front of the light bar.
    I have the Slingshotonly Canadian headlight units with the Slingshotonly 6-bulb LED set. I have been less than happy in that the way the outer headlights are aimed as a set means that my Canadian headlights point too much toward the center of the road and not that far out from the Slingshot. The aiming mechanism I referred to is not the fault of the Slingshot only headlights, but I do not like the way the LED bulbs required drilling the headlgight units, making it hard to convert back to halogen bulbs.
    I am thinking about trying two options -
    1. Reinstall the Canadian headlights using washers and longer screws to adjust the aim point of the Canadian headlights to provide better lighting.
    2 - Order the Polaris Canadian headlight units since they are definitely designed to function as primary dual beam headlights. Presumably, these units will be a direct fit into my 2015 headlight brackets.

• My SS is a Canadian model. Re tapping into the high beam circuit to trigger the relay, I do not recall exactly where I did it, but likely it was at the headlight itself. Re the light bar, I bought it on Amazon. I do not know its light output or power consumption. While I do have some improved distance lighting I installed it primarily to make my SS more visible to other traffic. The attached pic shows its mounting location. It is behind the grill under the nose.

• Need electrical help. I want to see farther down the road than I can now. Will a light bar do the trick and could it be tapped into the hi beam circuit so it'll go off when lights are dimmed. I'm sure a relay would be needed, I'm familiar with wiring a relay but need to be sure I can trigger the relay with hi beam circuit. Help please.

@Ruptured Duck Are you going to be selling the headlight setup that you sent to @MiM? That looks like it would provide the lighting that is being looked for.

• I read last night that light bars are not allowed on the highway in NC so I guess a bar is out of the question. Spot lights however are allowed. Any first hand knowledge for spots that will give me down the road light with a little more side light. Not interested in cheap ones that aren't durable, want this to be a one time deal. I'm lazy, don't want to do it twice...lol.

• @Ruptured Duck Are you going to be selling the headlight setup that you sent to @MiM? That looks like it would provide the lighting that is being looked for.

I would very much like to but Polaris screwed that up with the 2017 and newer models US versions.
    Would a kit sell that only suppleid the needed brakets and lights? Would terminated wire ends be OK or sourced OE wire plugs be needed as well or assumed supplied. Would a kit sell better with a molded trim to frame the lights? All good questions but the trim being the most expensive to execute with tooling cost and possible units sold to recoup investment ( in my small business limited). Would l like to ... Yes.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The lights are a perfect fit, but the brackets is what was tricky... I used the stock rugged ridge bracket and just gathered longer bolts, nuts, and washers to try and pace them in a perfect spot... All that was needed was a lot of measuring, and then drilling holes into the metal plates that bolt to the frame... No modification was needed for the plastics.

When we're in Kerrville, you can have a better look @Slingrazor... I used t-taps to combine the inner and outers together, keeping the Rugged Ridge oem connectors and then mating them to the tricled fog light kit...

They are really bright and I had no issues at night with visibility... Pretty sure some get annoyed about the light output... :/

• I do want to see them in Kerrville and I think the outout is what others are looking for.

• Still havent had a chance to go out in the evening and aim my light bar to where I want it but I can tell that it will surely be a big improvement......I didn't add a relay because I didn't add it to my high beam, instead I just installed it on its own switch and fuse so I can use it when I really need it.......