And now we will have ECU tune for us

• I'm not sure what you were trying to say. Did you find someone other than Bob to tune? Is it the yayhoos from "the other place" that want $1000 for a single ecu tune, without a tune installed simply bc you can "reflash" if needed. If so they are not even in the alball park of reality. If not them, what dod you find?

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• For start the didn't know the ss and after some emails they take me seriously let me give you the last email that they sent me

Hello Luc,

We should have some information posted online regarding the slingshot sometime over the next few weeks. In the USA, we have one slingshot running a Haltech Elite 1500 ecu and we are working towards potentially offering a plug and play kit. We are currently collecting the necessary information, and should have some published info soon.

• hmmmm well I got mines done already from Bobs. More vendors are a welcome to this ECU Tune challenge.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I tried to search but honestly have no idea what search terms would show up what I need. So I will ask here JIC some knows off the top of their heads.
    What's Bobs Address that I send my ECU to or better yet, how do I contact Bob?

Thanks,

Layne

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• I tried to search but honestly have no idea what search terms would show up what I need. So I will ask here JIC some knows off the top of their heads.

Thanks,

Layne

https://www.obd2allinone.com/slingshottune.asp

Here you go...

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

Thanks,

Layne

There was a special of 400.00 for NON-Turbo folks. I am NOT Sure if that is still available - I think it is! They are quick and the instructions are on the website.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Having an ECU that runs the Slingshot engine isn't a big deal. It's having the Polaris sensors to work with a standalone ECU. That portion is going to fail if you change the ECU. Basically Haltech is a great company. But they won't be able to interface with any of the Polaris sensors such as yaw and abs and lots of other things. And trust me ,, you don't want to run naked. You need Polaris's safty nanny to keep things in check.

• One of the reasons no one has a total package solution that encompasses the "Engine" and "Safety Nanny" is because its alot of work for very little payback. I can't imagine over a hand full of people that would pay the real $4000 or more pricetag for a real "total switch out" solution. So why would any company put the effort into reinventing the wheel. We already have a solution that comes with the SS. Bob can program it for a few hundred dollars. And it keeps everything in check. And he has already said he would make future changes to the programming at a reduced cost. If your tuning your bike every week you may have some deeper issues than an ECU.

And I bet if make the call and speak to Bob about any custom build your working on he can build you a calibration that will get you close enough to run and dyno. Then you can carry it to a dyno and make a few runs and send him the data and the ECU to refine it even further. The only cost im sure would be shipping.

That is my 02 cents on the whole ECU topic.

• Here is the deal on standalone's. Will they work yes, will they work great with the slingshot yes, especially the haltec because it is a can buss system like the slingshot. But 99.9% don't need it. Unless you're building your engine and going for big HP their is no real advantage and its $$$$$ Bob's tunes have been tested and tested and adjusted and tested again and again. Yes its a canned tune but we are making very little HP on these stock engines and a one off tune is not needed.

Not only do you need to buy the system but if you don;t know how to tune you will need to rent a dyno and hire a tuner to tune it for you, witch can easily add 1500-2k+