Grand Canyon Slingin'

• 1600 miles/ 4 States and some amazing scenery and roads through 37 degrees and bundled up to sun screen and 90 degrees and shorts. I did a lot of gratuitous posting on this “social “ site but also again came to realize just how incredible the people are here as well.

Coming down a hill one afternoon with 1000 foot no forgiveness drops and having a
    “ break failure “ light come on was not a moment anyone wants. Then getting back to the hotel and having no Polaris dealerships open or answering phones and 500 miles from home sucked. Having the insight, knowledge, and consultation of so many genually concerned and talented people on this site was huge and comforting to say the least. And might I say instantaneous! Seriously! I did my post for help/insight and within minutes I was getting feedback.

Again- a huge shout out THANK YOU to all the appreciated “likes” and most importantly the great people and knowledge that exists here!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• l would not be a true calendar pimp if l didn't remind you to submit great photos like those for consideration in the 2019 forum calendar ..... 2019slingshotcalendar@gmail.com

Just did yesterday to this email address you gave me - hope there is something you can use in there.. :)

• I have been having the break light sensor thing for a long time now. only happens if I have to break really hard. Can go days with no light then some moron will cut me off and cause me to break harder than normal and no comes the light. Thanks to the helpful people here it is not something I have worried about. It has been added to the list of dumb things to tell the dealer about when I finally get around to it - - Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my buying the sling, so I still have plenty of time left of warranty coverage.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Talked to my dealer today and have an apt this Friday... will keep you posted. He said that there is a 5+ day lead time for parts for Polaris. Gunna talk to them about the spongy breaks, break sensor, seat weld, and back up sputtering

• Talked to my dealer today and have an apt this Friday... will keep you posted. He said that there is a 5+ day lead time for parts for Polaris. Gunna talk to them about the spongy breaks, break sensor, seat weld, and back up sputtering

which dealer do you use. I got mine at Malcolm Smith in Riverside

• I'll take ECM reflash with Polaris brake bleed, new speed sensors, pass inspection, and that's the way it was built see page 45 of the owners manual for $1,000 Alex Trebek

I tried.

CAUTION! The reverse speed limit feature limits reverse operation to 10 MPH (16 km/h). Do not attempt to exceed this speed. If the engine seems to “cut out”, vehicle speed is exceeding the limit. Reduce throttle and slow down. Exceeding the limit could result in vehicle instability.
    7. Never apply hard throttle while operating in reverse.
    8. Always observe your path of travel and be alert to traffic, pedestrians and obstacles at all sides of the vehicle while operating in reverse.

This Is so BS! I get the “cut out” in reverse while on a hill getting out of a parking space doing about 3 miles an hour. This will be something I will bring up at tomorrow’s service appointment. I wonder if this has more to do with RPM then actual speed

• CAUTION! The reverse speed limit feature limits reverse operation to 10 MPH (16 km/h). Do not attempt to exceed this speed. If the engine seems to “cut out”, vehicle speed is exceeding the limit. Reduce throttle and slow down. Exceeding the limit could result in vehicle instability.
    7. Never apply hard throttle while operating in reverse.
    8. Always observe your path of travel and be alert to traffic, pedestrians and obstacles at all sides of the vehicle while operating in reverse.

This Is so BS! I get the “cut out” in reverse while on a hill getting out of a parking space doing about 3 miles an hour. This will be something I will bring up at tomorrow’s service appointment. I wonder if this has more to do with RPM then actual speed

interested to hear what you find out

• nah.... NM took care of it, and AZ fried my phone for a day, lol
    Rides here start tomorrow and temps are to dip into the 70s. Going to knock out Valley of Fire I think
    nah.... NM took care of it, and AZ fried my phone for a day, lol

Valley of fire and the road that parallels Lake Mead would be a great ride if you put them together as they intersect on the lake mead side. Up the 15 north to Valley of fire east to Lake Mead south would be a great loop!

• Yeah it was bad assed. Broke away from the group and opened it up on the way back out.

Speed limit in, and the scenery was teriffic.
    Speed limit ++ on way out, plus no traffic what so ever, and that ROAD was outstanding!

• Yeah it was bad assed. Broke away from the group and opened it up on the way back out.

Speed limit in, and the scenery was teriffic.
    Speed limit ++ on way out, plus no traffic what so ever, and that ROAD was outstanding!

Did you do the whole loop? Road IS outstanding however be aware that sometimes in the desert in the corners you can get sand and gravel with the winds. enjoy!!

• yes, Malcolm Smith Motorsports is where I’ve been taking my motorcycle for years even though I did not buy my SS there
    Friday morning at 10 AM!

Well got the call this morning and Malcolm Smith is on it! They are doing the brake sensors/switch replacement along with the bleeding. My seat brackets passed inspection so all good there ( 2016 ) AND in a way cool gesture they are replacing the side panel on the drivers side because of a spider crack on top. Not very noticeable but there all the same. That is in my book a stand up thing to do! As the crack is on top and they said Polaris is aware that some people use this area for getting in and out they are installing a new pad on the underside with the install to help prevent the possibility that the unit is cracking because of this. Understood but I don't use this area as a pivot point but appreciated all the same.

Still waiting on the whole "nanny state" backup cut out info.

• Well got the call this morning and Malcolm Smith is on it! They are doing the brake sensors/switch replacement along with the bleeding. My seat brackets passed inspection so all good there ( 2016 ) AND in a way cool gesture they are replacing the side panel on the drivers side because of a spider crack on top. Not very noticeable but there all the same. That is in my book a stand up thing to do! As the crack is on top and they said Polaris is aware that some people use this area for getting in and out they are installing a new pad on the underside with the install to help prevent the possibility that the unit is cracking because of this. Understood but I don't use this area as a pivot point but appreciated all the same.
    Still waiting on the whole "nanny state" backup cut out info.

this is great to hear. I havent been back there for any service since I bought it, but its nice to hear good things about them

did you leave it with them? or are you going to go back after they have all of the parts?