Horse Power - is there such a thing as too much?

• I can bet that none of them would turn down another 100hp if #1 it was free. #2 it would not affect reliability. Too much hp is like too much money, a woman that is too pretty, or a vehicle that is too fast, it just doesn't exist!

Very well put sir. Can't wait to ride with you!

I can manage to get almost 3k out of a back tire if that tells you anything

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Very well put sir. Can't wait to ride with you!
    I can manage to get almost 3k out of a back tire if that tells you anything

Yep, just as I expected, you sir are a lead foot! Great to be in like company! Looking forward to MV for sure.

On the other hand I ordered my new back tire last week and have already started limiting my sling time till it gets here. We rode into town and back to day to get an ice cream and I looked at the odometer. 2886mi. Going to be tough but maybe I can get the other 114 miles out of this one.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Yep, just as I expected, you sir are a lead foot! Great to be in like company! Looking forward to MV for sure.
    On the other hand I ordered my new back tire last week and have already started limiting my sling time till it gets here. We rode into town and back to day to get an ice cream and I looked at the odometer. 2886mi. Going to be tough but maybe I can get the other 114 miles out of this one.

I always have a brand new spare mounted on a rim ready to go. Would hate to miss a ride due to a skin condition!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I always have a brand new spare mounted on a rim ready to go. Would hate to miss a ride due to a skin condition!

I haven't picked up a spare for the SS yet. Got one for the GW and the ZX-14. Now the ZX-14 is going to be up for sale so I guess some of that money can buy me a new spare tire and wheel for the rear.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Their has never been a time that I have had to much HP. Here is why..... I have a gas pedal.

It is simple.... I can mash my gas pedal down at 100mph on the interstate and break the back tire loose and smoke it. OR I can ease into the gas and watch the speedometer increase rapidly. If it were possible to have 1000hp their would be times you could stick it to the road. Of course it would not be as easy as sticking 500hp to the road but it could be done...

As far as wear on the slingshot. I have almost 30,000 miles on the white beast and I still have my factory original swing arm and bearings. I even have my original drive belt. Adding more HP doesn't wear the slingshot out. It's the driver that wears the slingshot out. If you abuse things with extra HP you will have excessive wear. If you don't do a bit of extra "going over" you slingshot each week before and after thrashing it your going to have things come loose and wear out.

Extra HP isn't for everyone.... I will ride with anyone and have a great time... I had rather ride with someone that feels comfortable than someone that is scared to mash the gas because of added power. Just be safe everyone and buy all the power you feel comfortable with... And never forget that the pedal on the right is a magical device that will limit how many ponies make it to the back tire....... :D

• Well @edwardaneal, I think @FunCycle has one of the setups with regard to "usable horsepower" that isn't boosted...

I think it goes, CAI, header, exhaust, tune, manifold, and other items that can be done to a NA Sling...

Even @Dave@DDMWorks (or maybe it was Jeff) has stated this in one of the horsepower/boosting threads...

If you want to go boosted and keep it "usable", then yeah, SC as MACAWS stated...

• Welter Duals --- 1320 Header --- Hahn Intake ---Tune --- Hahn CAI The only thing I think would be left would be cam and a RRR ported throttle Body, I missed out on that one I did find one later but it was sold already. Handling would be QA-1 shocks --- DDM sway bar --- RRR Frame Bar I think that is all and it pulls all the way up to the red line now. The rest is just mash the gas and shift the gears in the power band which is all the way up to the red line now. In Savannah Mitch with the turbo was doing I think 126 MPH on the straight and all I could get was 115 MPH. That was without the Hahn Intake

• @WmHBonney, not sure of the specs. It was chain drive and really nice work. It was owned by All Things Chrome. If they are still in business they could give you more info.

in these pictures it looks to still have the belt drive

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies