New seat recall

• Hello William,
    Thank you for contacting Polaris! Unfortunately, the safety recalls do need to be performed at an authorized dealership and I do apologize.

I apologize that Mid-Valley Tractor Company has stopped selling these machines and I hope this is helpful information.
    I hope this message finds you well!
    Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can do to assist. I can be reached at 1-800-765-2747 or by replying directly to this email. You may receive a brief survey at this email address inquiring about my service levels with regards to your concerns. If you wouldn’t mind completing it, I would very much appreciate your feedback.
    Respectfully,
    Zach

• maybe ask your servicing dealer to send you the service bulletins - I believe that is the "training" document that Polaris provides them so they may perform the recall work .... just a thought

• I just sent a message to Polaris to see if they will provide instructions to do the inspections just until we can get it into a dealer.............
    Bill

They won't provide anyone that information for legal issues. Let's say yours needs to be replaced and they send you the inspection pictures. You inspect yours and miss the area of concern and decide it's not worth going to the dealer do do the same inspection you just did. Then (God forbid this doesn't happen) you get into an accident and have an issue with a broken weld or seat frame. Your lawyer waves to the jury that document that Polaris sent you and your inspection revealed no problems. You would probably end up having a pretty big chunk of Polaris stock when the case ends

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, not really, until Polaris actually signs off on the inspection then, legally, it was never done...............

Actually, it would be better for Polaris to do exactly as you described, for there will be those folks that will never take their SlingShot back to the dealer, but they very well may do the inspection themselves, (and then take it back to the dealer to get it repaired for free!)

It really does not matter if we get it from Polaris or not, for within a week, or two, or less, we'll all know where to inspect after somebody gets it done and posts it here?

Bill

• Just got back from dealer a while ago. They haven’t gotten anything on paper showing where to inspect. They got a training video. You have to use a small mirror to check. It is around the release to flip the seat forward. Polaris says if there is ANY weld there than no problem. Apparently quality or size of the weld doesn’t matter. Just a weld. I will try to get a pic of where to check as soon as I can find my small mirror. Always hard to find a tool you have never used.

• Unless I'm misunderstanding, the recall is at the weld, so wouldn't any aftermarket brackets still be dependent on the welds at the frame?

No the issue is at the frame(I would call it bracket but w/e) that attaches the seat to the slingshot frame.

So those with aftermarket seats/planted brackets have no problem, however those of you with PRP seats need to go in since those use the stock bracket(or frame as polaris calls it).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• It really does not matter if we get it from Polaris or not, for within a week, or two, or less, we'll all know where to inspect after somebody gets it done and posts it here?

Bill

See!! :D

It appears to be the brackets used to attach the outer seat belt to the frame, if so, no hurry now getting it inspected by a dealer, we'll just get it done if we ever get near one............ :|

Thanks dangerdarrell,

Bill

• well I had grommets when they announced the grommet recall and from what I can see I have some nice looking welds on both sides of both seat frames so this is going to get done when / if I get around to it. Until then I am not going to worry about it

oops! - - had to edit and add this - I will get the stupid brake failure light/sensor thing fixed at the same time

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• How many people did cars with drivers kill that day? Everyone seems to be driving and texting these days. All of the MVA death I've seen in my 18+ career as a Medic, have been caused with a person driving the car.

• Thanks for all the info and heads up. Not to say it was related at all but a few days after I got my sling last spring I was really getting on it and getting used to it when I punched it and the seat slid all the way back. Now I'm what I see as average height but when it slid all they way back I could no longer reach the pedals and quickly went in to oh sh*t mode. Got it in neutral and the seat slid back into position to reach the pedals and check my pants to make sure I didn't piss myself. It never happened again and I just credited it to me maybe not fully engaging the adjuatment bar but you never know. Mine is on the list regardless so I guess it'll be looked at either way and hopefully all checks out good.

• Thanks for all the info and heads up. Not to say it was related at all but a few days after I got my sling last spring I was really getting on it and getting used to it when I punched it and the seat slid all the way back. Now I'm what I see as average height but when it slid all they way back I could no longer reach the pedals and quickly went in to oh sh*t mode. Got it in neutral and the seat slid back into position to reach the pedals and check my pants to make sure I didn't piss myself. It never happened again and I just credited it to me maybe not fully engaging the adjuatment bar but you never know. Mine is on the list regardless so I guess it'll be looked at either way and hopefully all checks out good.

My wife's driver seat does that occasionally. She doesn't like that. ^^ I asked my tech about it today and it seems that is not related to the weld issue. Guess you just have to make certain it is latched all the way. Mine has never done it. Of course I have it all the way back so that could be why. :D

• My wife's driver seat does that occasionally. She doesn't like that. ^^ I asked my tech about it today and it seems that is not related to the weld issue. Guess you just have to make certain it is latched all the way. Mine has never done it. Of course I have it all the way back so that could be why. :D

Darrell when your seat slides back while your driving --- polish the rear wheel while your close by....

• Unless I'm misunderstanding, the recall is at the weld, so wouldn't any aftermarket brackets still be dependent on the welds at the frame?

See below...

No the issue is at the frame(I would call it bracket but w/e) that attaches the seat to the slingshot frame.
    So those with aftermarket seats/planted brackets have no problem, however those of you with PRP seats need to go in since those use the stock bracket(or frame as polaris calls it).

Because if it was the actual frame of the SS... Then that's a big recall! Almost catastrophic... 8|