New seat recall

• If you take your sling in for seat track inspection do you let them keep it? Now that I asked the question let me go a little further. My Dealer has dropped my sling off the lift totally jacking up the side panel so bad I had to bring it to the managers attention to get it replaced, next time left the exhaust can loose and damn near lost it. So I told them hell no. Inspect it and I will bring it in and pick up the seat tracks if they are bad. I don't want them touching my Sling. They said No I had to leave again I said no. Let me sign a waver I'm not leaving it with you or any one for that matter after all the hell I have gone thru with the dealer. Am I just been difficult I don't think so?

Sorry for the rant might be just a little P.O.ed

Fuck that guy. You can tell him I said that. :evil:
    Go elsewhere, man. Dropped the Sling off the lift, and then required a manager to address it? Pffft. I'd have never gone back. AND I might have burned the shop down.

• @lawdogpup, you do not have to leave it. They use a small mirror and look at the seat bracket to make sure there is a weld. Apparently Polaris doesn’t require a good weld, just a weld. Took a total of three minutes to check both of ours.

I was told yesterday that as long as it has a 1/4 inch weld it is good, mine is about 1 inch long. Also they have to check the track to make sure it holds position in at least 4 different positions

• Fuck that guy. You can tell him I said that. :evil: Go elsewhere, man. Dropped the Sling off the lift, and then required a manager to address it? Pffft. I'd have never gone back. AND I might have burned the shop down.

The owner might torch it tonight for insurance $ and you could be screwed! Wait, you said might have. Never mind.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• took mine in today for seat inspection and brake bleed.......not the dealer I purchased my SS from........got done and the service manager says no charge we'll just charge it all to the recall..................imagine my surprise.................on and my seats were ok

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• Fuck that guy. You can tell him I said that. :evil: Go elsewhere, man. Dropped the Sling off the lift, and then required a manager to address it? Pffft. I'd have never gone back. AND I might have burned the shop down.

My wife worked for a large car dealer in the late 90's........Their service guys dropped a car off of a lift........one guy went to lunch in the middle of an oil change and we all know where that went..........and 2 of them took a Dr's Vette for a test drive after service and totaled it and that just the ones I heard about.

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• I just drove into my dealer the other day and asked if they could check my seat welds ....it took him 5 minutes....with a mirror on a stick...and a flashlight...

That said, they do have a sign on the wall of the service department that says....no waiting for service. All vehicles must be left for service....

Now I understand that certain jobs require hours of work....and most dealers won’t have the parts in stock. And most mechanics today are certified parts changers....whatever the code says is wrong they start down the list replacing parts until the problem disappears....and what about all the parts they installed that weren’t really bad? Do they take them off? NOPE it just goes on your bill.....they don’t want you to see them playing the “ bad part exchange game” no it wasn’t that one...next...

I can be my own parts changer..... and not charging $150 hour shop time...