Slingshots in the Ozarks (Wed, Sep 19th 2018, 9:00am - Sat, Sep 22nd 2018, 10:00pm)

Date

Slingshots in the Ozarks

Wed, Sep 19th 2018, 9:00 am - Sat, Sep 22nd 2018, 10:00 pm

Slingshots in the Ozarks.

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2018, 2:00 pm
  • Been to the Ozarks on a Goldwing in October for a honeymoon.... haven't been back there, passed thru 2 year ago headed to Oklahoma... So, what kind of weather do we need to pack for... Sweaters ? Anything below 78 degrees is cause for a jacket. Funny story, wore a jacket the other day into a department store; 90+ degrees outside but it was winter time inside... managers followed me around i guess to make sure I wasn't shoplifting... since I was the only one wearing a jacket.. and totally comfortable inside the store that could have been called "north pole"... Id like to pack appropriately with minimal luggage, not pack for all 4 seasons... might make my hubby grumble come time to load the wagon... so back to the question... hows the weather been during the rally in the morning for rides, late afternoon?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Light jacket (maybe heavy for you) in the morning and shorts / tees after noon. Al Gore forecasts Summer like weather (Imagine that!).
    Can be warm ... can be cool but last year weather was great!

• Anyone tired to register lately? Went to Slingshotroadsters site but cannot get to work. Appears to be a new site. Events would not pull up.. Tried to get to it from here also but EVENT page won't work. Have sent PM to Ivor. Main page does pop up.

• Anyone tired to register lately? Went to Slingshotroadsters site but cannot get to work. Appears to be a new site. Events would not pull up.. Tried to get to it from here also but EVENT page won't work. Have sent PM to Ivor. Main page does pop up.

I registered about a week and a half ago. Worked great then.

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• Received a PM from Ivor as to how to navigate the new site. Not being a "computer person", I had no idea what to do. Am now registered for the rally. Thanks Ej and
    @Cowboy.

Hope to be there again this year. Great location for the rally. Georgia's a little slow on the recovery from her back surgery, but should be fine by mid Sept. She wont be coming to the rally.

• Group rides I see the only issue is when you get a sloth holding up the fellow riders and not keeping up. Key is put your foot to the floor and stay behind the guy in front of you. If you can not do this it would be best to take a slower ride. Aggressive means aggressive keep up. I have had to pass my fellow riders due to not keeping up. I get lost in my own house and it is only 1100 sq feet, so I have to stay glued to the guy in front. That being said, the rides are a freaking blast even though I lose traction quite a bit and it comes out from under me, when that happens just power through it even if the wife is beating on you. My arm is always sore after a ride.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Looks like we are going to make the trip for this event (since we missed our local event.) I called the Best Western and it's fully booked. Can anyone give me another option for lodging?

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• @Jonathan Thompson, just check Expedia or one of the other travel sites. Eureka is a resort town and there are lots of hotels. You could even stay at the Crecent Hotel. It’s haunted. :D

Thanks. I just booked a room here... http://www.heartstoneinn.com Looks pretty nice and walking distance to the Best Western.

• I'll just ditto what Darrell said. We go to Eureka quite a bit in our Sling and have stayed everywhere. It really just boils down to how much you want to spend. You can get into some rooms really cheap, but you get what you pay for! ;) We're staying at the Apple Blossom Inn, but it's probably full by now. I'd check out Expedia or Travelocity or whatever and see what you can get.

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• I'll just ditto what Darrell said. We go to Eureka quite a bit in our Sling and have stayed everywhere. It really just boils down to how much you want to spend. You can get into some rooms really cheap, but you get what you pay for! ;) We're staying at the Apple Blossom Inn, but it's probably full by now. I'd check out Expedia or Travelocity or whatever and see what you can get.

Wife has never been to Arkansas and has never stayed at a B&B so I decided to spend a little more and found a place pretty close to the Best Western. We’re looking forward to a leisurely 12+ hour ride out and back.

• I personally think the host hotel is a little pricey and would never pay that much, but this is me and the wifes only vacation and I like to stay close to the action.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: