R-SHOT Mesh Windscreen Now Available

• :thumbsup: Thanks for your order, I truly appreciate it. It’s on its way.

• black powder coated? I'll take it. :) Another quality, outstanding product, designed by owners who care, and want to share with their community.

I just placed the order on your website. The process was very easy. Thanks!

Thanks, everything you need and full color instructions.... and you even get some left over chalk to draw with after your 10 min installation. Thanks!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• But you are still running a side exit, correct?That could be the source of her fumes.

Really like what you have done. Unlike the WR the air over your head has a place to go while at the same time blocking the back draft up the middle.

No, he's running the Welter Duals on his Hahn turbo

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I actually think this will work with @Ruptured Ducks top.

looking at the way it clamps it I have a feeling it will cause issues. My hoop bracket mounts directly to the hoop face on the front side. Spacers "may" work but would need to test to see if it would effect the stricker bolt location.
    Thanks for thinking of me @KayTwo

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I have the spoiler mounts on my hoops, you think it will work.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• This is what it's all about... MAKING THINGS ~> I look up to all of you with this skill... my right-brain will catch up to my left-brain one day (or I will die trying) ~> GOD I LOVE OUR FORUM!!!!! <3

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I have the spoiler mounts on my hoops, you think it will work.

I believe it will work - I am going off the pictures Alpha and Twist Dynamics wing mounts but I am not 100 percent sure. The Windscreen mounts to the edges for less interference with other mods. I apologize I just don’t have a firm answer.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Thank you all VERY MUCH. I did NOT expect to sale out my first batch so quickly... so I have all materials already on order. I will place a note on the website for Pre-Orders for the next batch and I expect to have them ready for shipping 12 April. Thank you all, if I can answer any more questions just let me know.... stay tuned - another product release hopefully in 24 hrs or less.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I believe it will work - I am going off the pictures Alpha and Twist Dynamics wing mounts but I am not 100 percent sure. The Windscreen mounts to the edges for less interference with other mods. I apologize I just don’t have a firm answer.

Thanks for getting back, guess the only way to know for sure is to get one, I will be waiting for your next batch sir.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Does this really work? I currently have a Windrestricter that cost over double this but it does NOTHING besides light up and catch bugs. My wife had high expectations for it but it does nothing for stopping wind from the rear, and nothing for sound.
    Can you tell me what difference this has that would make it work better the big piece of plastic I currently have?

Im sure I am not the only one that would gladly change to something else if it actually works.

• Does this really work? I currently have a Windrestricter that cost over double this but it does NOTHING besides light up and catch bugs. My wife had high expectations for it but it does nothing for stopping wind from the rear, and nothing for sound.

This was the biggest reason I waited to do the Windrestrictor. You are now the 3rd person to tell me they do almost nothing but catch bugs or create drag.

When I was toying around with the idea of making a similar product as this one, I noticed that if you put in something only in the middle between the roll hoops, it seemed to make more difference than putting something all the way across the roll hoops. I have a feeling it's because of the "aerodynamics" of the slingshot. I actually hadn't considered doing mesh at the time and that seems to make more sense because it doesn't create as an intense drag.

I think a few things really factor in when it comes to doing the full Windrestrictor...other mods. Tops, vents, and the type of windshield you have. I think running the Madstad or the new Twist Dynamics windshield with the Windrestrictor would be counter productive. With the air flow under the windshield, you are not able to really change the airflow. With the F4 and the standard windshields, you essentially push a good portion of the air around the cockpit and the circulating air that creates the buffeting, would be stopped by the Windrestrictor. With the R-Shot being mesh, I would assume you just lessen the amount of turbulent in the cabin by allowing it to flow under the Madstad style windshield but still have enough blockage to stop or slow down the circulating air that would come from behind the Slingshot.

Keep in mind, I am no pro when it comes to aerodynamics. It's just what I have noticed when I was testing out something I was looking to make a few years back.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• This was the biggest reason I waited to do the Windrestrictor. You are now the 3rd person to tell me they do almost nothing but catch bugs or create drag.
    When I was toying around with the idea of making a similar product as this one, I noticed that if you put in something only in the middle between the roll hoops, it seemed to make more difference than putting something all the way across the roll hoops. I have a feeling it's because of the "aerodynamics" of the slingshot. I actually hadn't considered doing mesh at the time and that seems to make more sense because it doesn't create as an intense drag.

I think a few things really factor in when it comes to doing the full Windrestrictor...other mods. Tops, vents, and the type of windshield you have. I think running the Madstad or the new Twist Dynamics windshield with the Windrestrictor would be counter productive. With the air flow under the windshield, you are not able to really change the airflow. With the F4 and the standard windshields, you essentially push a good portion of the air around the cockpit and the circulating air that creates the buffeting, would be stopped by the Windrestrictor. With the R-Shot being mesh, I would assume you just lessen the amount of turbulent in the cabin by allowing it to flow under the Madstad style windshield but still have enough blockage to stop or slow down the circulating air that would come from behind the Slingshot.

Keep in mind, I am no pro when it comes to aerodynamics. It's just what I have noticed when I was testing out something I was looking to make a few years back.

For those stockpiling bugs on their SS, I looked to the aerospace industry and found this: RejeX Polymer Coating (16 oz.) - So Slick, Bugs Can't Stick! - MyPilotStore.com
    Does the job REALLY WELL and is pretty cheap too.

I've heard of people also using SC Johnson Paste Wax too... I have a jar in the garage and may give it a go!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

Can you tell me what difference this has that would make it work better the big piece of plastic I currently have?

Im sure I am not the only one that would gladly change to something else if it actually works.

Thanks for your questions. A year ago when I started making these I wondered why a solid device did not work as well (I too purchased one of the plex pieces) What I found from reading and researching my own SS was how Air travels behind / around and over the front windshield at the same time... and when it meets in the cabinet the air gets much more turbulent. For some unknown aero dynamic reason- once a mesh screen “like” is introduced it “Helps” cancel out some of the air making it less turbulent.

While a solid piece just doesn’t do the same and may make it worse

Here are a few video i found while researching

Again I am not a AERO SPACE GEOMORPHOLOGY GUY. LOL

But I found this helps with the SS and watching my wife’s hair blowing a lot less - I came up with this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyREjU2cWb4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ4UEAOSDZ0

Hope this helps.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,