R-SHOT Mesh Windscreen Now Available

• Was finally able to take the Sling out yesterday...after having the Mesh Windscreen installed for more than 2 weeks. Verdict...IT WORKS! Not in an over the top, stop all wind, kind of way. It is just enough to stop the wind from whipping in from behind. I would venture to say that if you had an F4 windshield or even the stock windshield from the SL for 2015 on (not including the ripper), that this would be the perfect product to slow down the air turbulence in the cabin. I say not the Ripper because they have the same middle section that allows air to flow in under the windshield like the Madstad and the new Twist Dynamics windshields. That air still comes in from under the windshield and you will always notice it.

Having this with the Madstad, was interesting. It almost created a little bit of rear push. As weird as it sounds, it felt like the Windscreen was acting like a sail. After about 90 MPH, it felt like I was getting a small push from the rear of the Slingshot and it was easier to break 100 MPH, 110 MPH, and even 120 MPH...and maybe a little more...will not confirm nor deny at what speeds I tested this product to. With that being said, I actually thought it would create drag and catch bugs. It didn't feel like it or show any signs of doing either.

At this price point...this is a must have product for everyone. Very happy with it @lrobbi!

Your absolutely right @Br4hm4 that little bit of rear push you feel is real. it is the result of cleaning up the parasitic drag created by the aerodynamics of the Slingshot. Without getting to technical here, let me explain , the windshield creates a low pressure area behind it when speed increases and the airflow is directed up over the cockpit area. The laws of physics say air pressure will always try to equalize in a given space. So as the slingshot speeds up and the low pressure area increases behind the windshield air is drawn in through the path of least resistance from the back of the slingshot to try and equalize that lower pressure area . Wind Restrictors or mesh screens simply interfere with the speed of the airflow from the back trying to enter the cockpit. hence a calmer cockpit as the airflow from the back is slowed down. In the high speed auto convertibles a female passengers longer hair will clearly fly forward when up to speed NOT BEHIND HER AS ONE WOULD EXPECT . this is the forward draw of air coming in from the back that all high end convertibles like the 2018 BMW i8 and F4 Jaquars now greatly reduce with the introduction of rear windscreens.

That parasitic drag created as the airflow recirculates back in definitely reduces efficiencies and hampers performance slightly.

Here is a simple airflow diagram over a F4 series Jaquar , note the small but significant enough, elimination of air being drawn back into the cockpit after a wind restriction device is installed. this is a reduction of parasitic drag which slows all vehicles down , hence a small performance gain can be noticed when installing an effective wind restrictor or mesh screen as R-Shot so was so keen to introduce and manufacture for Slingshots.

It is similar to reducing the parasitic drag the transportation industry is quickly learning about as we see more and more boat tails on the backs of transport trailers going down the road, in that industry it is well documented adding the extra length and weight of the boat tail actually increases efficiencies (performance) by 1% by simply reducing the drag of the airflow .

• @kev you know we have talked but others don't. I plan on marketing my products through allthingsslingshot.com as soon as I revise my rack design to eliminate any issues with, well, let's just say other manufacturers, beef up my rear plate inventory, and come up for air from my current projects (working today and tomorrow for a total of 8 days this week). I feel like I have had my run on the forum and have sold several at the lowest possible prices to those who have wanted them. I would expect a small increase over current pricing and would choose to discontinue my forum marketing at that time. I have considered my own web presence but decided I don't want to spend the time and effort to support it and make it successful. I have never intended to make this a full-time business but rather a hobby that offers some satisfaction from seeing my products on some of the most awesome Slings out there, and to interface with, in my opinion, a high class of people. Nailed it! Time for the next step and I hope we can improve each other's modest level of success.

Shameless plug on someone else's thread (sorry @lrobbi, I guess there's a little shame): That being said, I do still have luggage racks available with the current design, soon to be discontinued, for anyone interested.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @kev you know we have talked but others don't. I plan on marketing my products through allthingsslingshot.com as soon as I revise my rack design to eliminate any issues with, well, let's just say other manufacturers, beef up my rear plate inventory, and come up for air from my current projects (working today and tomorrow for a total of 8 days this week). I feel like I have had my run on the forum and have sold several at the lowest possible prices to those who have wanted them. I would expect a small increase over current pricing and would choose to discontinue my forum marketing at that time. I have considered my own web presence but decided I don't want to spend the time and effort to support it and make it successful. I have never intended to make this a full-time business but rather a hobby that offers some satisfaction from seeing my products on some of the most awesome Slings out there, and to interface with, in my opinion, a high class of people. Nailed it! Time for the next step and I hope we can improve each other's modest level of success.

Shameless plug on someone else's thread (sorry @lrobbi, I guess there's a little shame): That being said, I do still have luggage racks available with the current design, soon to be discontinued, for anyone interested.

No Shame @SlingLow

Nothing wrong with a product plug... You do some nice work. Keep it going brother.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

Edited once, last by lrobbi ().

• well thank you @'SlingLow 'I look forward to seeing what we can do for your new design . I Didn,t want to mention your decisions in my previous post until you were ready , But yes, your racks are a fine example of what members have been doing, and what they have to offer ! It's one hell of a community Isn't it !

• HMMMM, now let me think,,, isn't there a forum member who spent the entire last year developing a complete body kit , tow dollies, windshields and more ! then invested heavily again in a new E-commerce mods site ?While it is true I do have substantial cost to recover on my own products , hence market pricing, while I am not about to disclose the agreed upon discounts I have negotiated privately with @lrobbi I,m pretty sure if you ask him he,ll tell you, I agreed to list this forum members product at far far less than the going rate as he is determined to keep his price down for forum members .
    And I, as a small, small guy starting out, I need all the product I can muster and if having to work at lesser rates will help bring traffic to my site and keep forum members prices down,,, why not ! Maybe I should reach out to @Ruptured Duck@mytoy@StickerDick and @mniron

@kev your correct and wasn't trying to belittle your great site in anyway. It was just an off the cuff comment ment to highlight the small independent SlingShot specific manufacturers that have been born here. Most of us have never owned a business and it's rather exciting and frustrating at the same time. Budgets and buying power don't allow us to manufacturer at a price point that can support a two tier distribution. At this time I have to go direct to maintain workable margins. For us it's about getting the word out and increasing sells in a way that is not too fast (great problem to try and solve) or not fast enough and your investment is lost. I know for me the goal is the be able to become a vendor to who ever would like to sell MeanSling products. There's just two problems to overcome. (1) reduce cost without effecting overall quality and customer support and (2) be in control of what the retailer pays. At this time it appears that some retailers tell the vendors what they need to get. I'm from that world already dealing with Jeep aftermarket retailers so I understand this a little better than what might be known. I started this business so that I could have some say and control. If I make a good enough product and can build demand without the retailer support than I am able to stay more in the driver's seat. I'm sure most of us guys feel the same way. Then again it could just be me.
    If we are all going to be at SSITS next month maybe we need to all have a really good sit down dinner and have a group discussion. I'm in!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. The R-Shot WindScreen Sales have been good and I am now in my fifth or sixth batch... I can’t remember ;) For all new orders effective tomorrow you can expect a shipping date of 15 May. Thanks again everyone

And please take look at the New R-Shot Valley Coil Pack Cover ... it’s a very nice piece and $7.00 donation for each sold goes to Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Thanks @kev

Very happy that folks are enjoying these. These in colors will really stand out from other SlingShots.

Thanks again Slingshot Family - working on a larger screen that will cover about 20% more area and hopefully a new design to work with @Ruptured Duck MeanSling Top ... need a few more weeks but I am getting there.

Stay Tuned Family. :D

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I want to really thank you all for your support

I have been busting my butt to make sure I don’t over extend myself or over promise on any of my products and under deliver. I am thankful for @kev being a distributor as well.
    The launch of R-Shot Accessories has been great and I am able to donate to a charities that have a great causes.

Thank you all very much and I promise to keep putting my fellow Slingshot brother and sister first before worrying about making a dollar.

Thanks.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• FINALLY GOT MY OWN INSTALLED, Thank you @lrobbi its great and I love the look and feel with the Nascar windshield . Just got my new cipher seats in too , but the buggers sent blue instead of black 4 point harness , so factory belts for now .
    If anybody hasn,t guessed it I am not a fan of the batmobile image and do everything in my power to play that down, including designing a new rollbar, even sourced the right spec aluminum and had it hydraulically rolled and squeezed to the right profile, then I saw lrobbis new mesh windscreen ! What a way to drastically improve the look as well as the improved functionality of a rear wind restrictor type device!