Gun violence....?

• I thought I would throw this out for discussion. This new (at least its new to me) “Red Flag” movement whereby is you are more or less considered a threat LEO can seize your firearms without judicial process for adjudication at a later date using “public safety” as a reason. I know we probably all can agree that we do not want a firearm in the hands of a nut job but who decides who is nuts and who is never gonna shoot anything other than his mouth off. Back to that old slippery slope thing....AGAIN!! I just can’t see how, with 100% accuracy, identifying who is a true threat and who you are violating their first and second amendment right. What y’all think??

I suspect at some point this will end up in court with someone wanting a great deal of money because her/his right was violated. It could actually get very interesting if someone gets hurt or killed because they couldn't protect themselves because someone red flagged them and their guns were taken.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I suspect at some point this will end up in court with someone wanting a great deal of money because her/his right was violated. It could actually get very interesting if someone gets hurt or killed because they couldn't protect themselves because someone red flagged them and their guns were taken.

I AGREE!! The repercussions from this could be monumental if more and more states use this tactic. I must have missed something because when I was in law school “shall not be infringed” as stated in the 2nd Amendment was pretty freakin clear. I just cannot see how confiscating a firearm without PRIOR due process can be done without violating your Constitutional Rights.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I thought I would throw this out for discussion. This new (at least its new to me) “Red Flag” movement whereby is you are more or less considered a threat LEO can seize your firearms without judicial process for adjudication at a later date using “public safety” as a reason. I know we probably all can agree that we do not want a firearm in the hands of a nut job but who decides who is nuts and who is never gonna shoot anything other than his mouth off. Back to that old slippery slope thing....AGAIN!! I just can’t see how, with 100% accuracy, identifying who is a true threat and who you are violating their first and second amendment right. What y’all think??

way to slippery for me ... I understand the intent and can only hope that the judges will do the same - unfortunately, like so many other things the intent will probably become more and more broad

"Connecticut, Indiana and Florida allow law enforcement to petition the court system, while California, Washington and Oregon also allow petitions from family and household members in addition to law enforcement"

• way to slippery for me ... I understand the intent and can only hope that the judges will do the same - unfortunately, like so many other things the intent will probably become more and more broad
    "Connecticut, Indiana and Florida allow law enforcement to petition the court system, while California, Washington and Oregon also allow petitions from family and household members in addition to law enforcement"

That’s the thing - if you get liberal LEO working with a liberal judiciary - that is a prescription for disaster. The anti gun folks are happy with each baby step focusing on 2nd Amendment repeal. I don’t see it happening in any of our lifetimes but the younger generation does not seem to give a crap about the Constitution because it is “outdated” ?(

• That’s the thing - if you get liberal LEO working with a liberal judiciary - that is a prescription for disaster. The anti gun folks are happy with each baby step focusing on 2nd Amendment repeal. I don’t see it happening in any of our lifetimes but the younger generation does not seem to give a crap about the Constitution because it is “outdated” ?(

Regardless of political affiliation I can see the megalomaniac paranoid schizophrenia crew salivating over this .... being able to suppress opposition so they can promote their agenda

• LEO's can and have done this for years. Nothing new. Look at RFA's ( relief from abuse order), someone, male or female, requests a RFA, LEO's can remove all firearms from the defendant until the order is lifted. This can and in a lot of cases are done before any hearing in court

• LEO's can and have done this for years. Nothing new. Look at RFA's ( relief from abuse order), someone, male or female, requests a RFA, LEO's can remove all firearms from the defendant until the order is lifted. This can and in a lot of cases are done before any hearing in court

Thanks Shat - always appreciate your input because I never really dealt in that field of the law - if you ever need to navigate the mechanics of a hostile corporate takeover - just ask :00008172:

• Wait a minute @Bill Martin. I think you mean you have never dealt with the field of law "enforcement." :00008356:

I did dabble in criminal law to keep from starving to death when I came out of law school. Didn’t have stomach for it and still ate beenie weenies. Law enforcement got shot at - OUT!! A wise old lawyer took me under his wing (might a been the devil for all I know) and told me “I’m gonna teach you how to rape and pillage with an ink pen” ....the rest is history :00008359:

• Here is another state - Liberal Massachusetts - coming after assault weapons - we all better THANK GOD - Hillary wasn’t elected cause we would all be carrying swords by now ;(

Massachusetts' ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018…mendment-judge-rules.html

• The second amendment is pretty short. To me and I assume the writers it says, "You have the right to keep weapons capable of keeping your military in check". That being said any argument that says, " an assault rifle isn't what the founding fathers were talking about, that is too much firepower, the founding fathers had no idea the weapons we could make", are moot. We the people are just keeping up with the small arms our military has. Technically, based on the intention of the second amendment, we should be allowed even more powerful weapons.

• The second amendment is pretty short. To me and I assume the writers it says, "You have the right to keep weapons capable of keeping your military in check". That being said any argument that says, " an assault rifle isn't what the founding fathers were talking about, that is too much firepower, the founding fathers had no idea the weapons we could make", are mute. We the people are just keeping with the small arms our military has. Technically, based on the intention of the second amendment, we should be allowed even more powerful weapons.

Didn’t you know the Constitution was a “living document” by way too many. That is why we are where we are today!! For 26 short and concise words the 2nd Amendment is pretty damn clear and direct IMO. @WOLF I totally agree with you!!

• I just ordered this from grunt style

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies