Gun violence....?

• Can't get my guns to be violent, must be the least motivated guns ever made. Even when I let them watch TV and video games they just lay there - damn things cant even figure out how to get loaded without someone helping them

absolutely worthless ;(?(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I had a conversation at work one day about AR-15s and their use. I told the person with whom I was speaking that I rarely get into those kinds of discussions (especially at work!) as they are, in general, extremely unproductive. I pointed out to her (or reminded her actually) about the intent behind the 2A, that the people be able to defend themselves from their government, not that people can defend themselves or hunt for dinner. I pointed out that AR-15s allowed that right to exist. She looked at me, inclined her head, and said I was right. We ended the conversation there, but at least she was willing to listen.

The problem that is coming to a head is that people will not have a civil conversation about a topic anymore without losing their collective shit. What happens when you have two sides who refuse to communicate? What happens when you cannot stop rhetorical escalation? What happens when that rhetoric turns physical, that physicality to violence?

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That’s going a little far ain’t it?? If you made lamps out of empty whiskey bottles ( @KayTwo :D ) is that gonna make your kid an alcoholic???

@Bill Martin, that's not too far at all. You have to set the expectations early and demystify the aura around a firearm, that it is NOT a toy, and it is NOT a mystery, and then it becomes less desirable to play with.

• Well I sure loved my Johnny Seven when I was a kid in the 60's (rifle, pistol, machine gun, grenade launcher, anti-tank launcher, armour piercing shell, anti-bunker missile), and played with it daily. So far, I have no negative residual effects. But don't f**k with me - I could revert at any moment!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Bill Martin, that's not too far at all. You have to set the expectations early and demystify the aura around a firearm, that it is NOT a toy, and it is NOT a mystery, and then it becomes less desirable to play with.

Agree 100% but my comment was made referring to an AR 15 picture in an ink pen- just can’t see where there is any correlation. On another note a liberal (thank God retired) Supreme Court Justice said this:
    Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens says Second Amendment should be repealed http://www.foxnews.com/politic…t-should-be-repealed.html

What the hell - might as well do away with that nasty freedom of speech amendment while we’re at it. We are on the edge of that “slippery slope” so often mentioned.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• There is no shame to love any tool of purpose... which is exactly what a firearm is: a tool of purpose (nothing more/nothing less). HOW YOU ENJOY that tool is the learning lesson for others to see (nothing else matters in this case). Not the gun case it sits in, the shirt showing off your favorite quote, or a pen (which, might I add, can be more lethal than any weapon ~> heck, it's mightier than the sword FFS). :P

The problem is NOT how we portray our weapons (we have movies and video games to credit for that). Case in point, our daughter knows the rules about my weapons and is immune to any obstruction shielding THE FACTS: Guns can/will kill if not handled properly. Thus a respect for not only guns, but also an understanding that other things in this world WILL KILL YOU... so respect ALL safety.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• ;(?(

But it's just about drugs and human trafficking there...

With us, it's schools, public gatherings... Random attacks with no "purpose"... Well, except that they were bullied, angry, or mentally ill...

Regulations aren't the end all be all, where there is a will and intent, it will happen... Nothing you can do to stop it... We've banned drugs right? They're illegal? Guess everybody is clean/sober... 8|

• Sometimes guns are used to play games. Sporting clays, target shooting and shooting matches are all games. I know folks that shoot a lot but have never went hunting.

We all "should" know the second amendment isn't about hunting. It says "Shall Not Be Infringed" no if's and's or but's about it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868