Gun violence....?

• I’ve been busy this weekend but it would seem that Paul McCartney has found all our solutions. I just don’t know what they are. I guess they didn’t fit on the T-shirt. Perhaps he will be kind enough to elaborate and solve this once and for all now that he claims to know.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I’ve been busy this weekend but it would seem that Paul McCartney has found all our solutions. I just don’t know what they are. I guess they didn’t fit on the T-shirt. Perhaps he will be kind enough to elaborate and solve this once and for all now that he claims to know.

I'll solve it and I'm just a farm boy who went in the United States Marine Corps, a hard working American tax payer a volunteer firefighter state certified, father and husband!
    Everyone be trained on using them and if you have all your marbles and aren't a law breaker
    (Speeding doesn't count) you carry one!

• It just amazes me how all they want to show are these young people that want/willing to give up one of the most important rights that we have. I wish they would blame the person not the object they used. As far as limiting the age to 21 to sell guns to, all of the mass shootings except for 1 were carried out by older people and in that 1 case he took/stole his mom's gun. Don't even get me started about the bomber in Texas, what should they ban/restrict because of him?

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Back when I was going to High School, during hunting season the 30.06 was in the gun rack of the back window, the rest of my hunting gear was in the back including knives, the truck was never locked and nobody thought twice about it. The difference between then and now? We were brought up by our parents back then to have respect, not only guns but life. If we misused or abused that respect our butts got whipped good-n-proper, today parents do not teach such respect, and relate guns as toys for showing off, where we now also have video games showing blood-n-guts being splattered all over the place but don't worry, just hit reset and everything is all good again. Though ultimately there is one entity among us that can stop terrorists and other violent acts dead in their tracks, and that is the media. Without the media broadcasting every violent act, the terrorists would loose their power, kids wouldn't be looking to make a name for themselves, and well, I could go on and on.

Yes, we can do away with gun violence starting in the home with proper teachings of respect and discipline, give our teachers the right to continue the same while the kids are at school, but as long as parents continue to be impotent, where guns are just a toy and having one to show off is cool, nothing is going to change.

Bill

• It just amazes me how all they want to show are these young people that want/willing to give up one of the most important rights that we have. I wish they would blame the person not the object they used. As far as limiting the age to 21 to sell guns to, all of the mass shootings except for 1 were carried out by older people and in that 1 case he took/stole his mom's gun. Don't even get me started about the bomber in Texas, what should they ban/restrict because of him?

Donuts, ban the damn donuts with cream filling.

• When I was in high school. We would go after school to our buddies woods had a little berm and would shoot for hours. We had access to guns and nothing bad ever happened. We were raised not to shoot innocent people. I really think most of this comes from losers wanting to become famous somehow.

• These young rugrats are as ignorant as the piece of shit libs (teaching/brain washing) them!
    Ban the fucking cell phones! 11 kids a day die from texting. Two days adds up a little higher than the one day in February.
    All of our money going to protect these sorry ass politicians too bad they wouldn't take in account everyone loves their kids more than their sorry asses!

• I wonder if Paul had any security while walking the streets of DC? Lots of billyclubs l am sure. I know I opened this can of worms but Paul - go home. You don’t have 1st or 2nd amendment rights - we do. And untold numbers gave all for them- and still do. And when you land back in your Homeland, take a side trip to perhaps Cambridge cemetery and visit all the brave Americans who didn’t come back from defending freedom, you, and your country- ...with guns.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The oldest gun manufacturer in the USA - Remington has filed bankruptcy letting it go to the investors to satisfy their debt. Have not seen where it will continue or be sold off. Could this be the beginning of the end for law abiding gun ownership??? Sadly, stranger things have happened...

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• This statement was made earlier " It just amazes me how all they want to show are these young people that want/willing to give up one of the most important rights that we have.", well, how many kids today actually know and understand the constitution? How many of you parents have actually sat down and discussed such topics? How about just sit and talk with your kids, period? How many of you parents out there today use the TV to babysit your kids? How many allow your kids to play these violent video games? When driving someplace, are the kids glued to their electronics? When was the last time all the electronics were turned off and everybody just talked? What about this idea, how about leaving all the electronics at home and going for a drive, a hike, fishing, camping, bike riding? How about just going out to eat and leave the electronics in your pocket or purse and actually converse with each other verbally?

If parents today are willing to allow society to raise their kids rather than taking the responsibility on themselves, then how can we blame the kids for how they are turning out?

Bill

• This statement was made earlier " It just amazes me how all they want to show are these young people that want/willing to give up one of the most important rights that we have.", well, how many kids today actually know and understand the constitution? How many of you parents have actually sat down and discussed such topics? How about just sit and talk with your kids, period? How many of you parents out there today use the TV to babysit your kids? How many allow your kids to play these violent video games? When driving someplace, are the kids glued to their electronics? When was the last time all the electronics were turned off and everybody just talked? What about this idea, how about leaving all the electronics at home and going for a drive, a hike, fishing, camping, bike riding? How about just going out to eat and leave the electronics in your pocket or purse and actually converse with each other verbally?

If parents today are willing to allow society to raise their kids rather than taking the responsibility on themselves, then how can we blame the kids for how they are turning out?

Bill

D7F99AD3-C59A-4956-8671-5C113F015EB9.jpeg

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Also been saying this for years... technology has outpaced humanity! <~ has a negative compounding effect on many aspects of social behavior (we, as humans, are social creatures... technology has been shown time and again, to isolate social behavior).

Sadly, there's no real solution to this problem (where the majority of parents are not being parents and forcing social interaction) ~> Therefore I can't, in my right sound mind, put any onus on firearms or other means of self protection, as the problem.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png