• The high beam is not what most people are used to with high beams. When the high beam switch is activated, the lights stay the same. The only thing that changes is the deflector inside the low/high headlamp assembly. It aims that beam a tad higher than normal.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The high beam is not what most people are used to with high beams. When the high beam switch is activated, the lights stay the same. The only thing that changes is the deflector inside the low/high headlamp assembly. It aims that beam a tad higher than normal.

My high beams are the two center lights on SS. They don't come on at all. Just the two outside lights on the SS. When high beams are turned on or off, the outside lights don't do a thing.

• My high beams are the two center lights on SS. They don't come on at all. Just the two outside lights on the SS. When high beams are turned on or off, the outside lights don't do a thing.

You have got to have a blown fuse or breaker or something simple. both headlights are not likely to fail simultaneously. Have you checked the wiring and plugs going to the head lights?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• My high beams are the two center lights on SS. They don't come on at all. Just the two outside lights on the SS. When high beams are turned on or off, the outside lights don't do a thing.

No ..... if stock your center two headlights are the low and high beams as required by US DOT.. the outer lights are not headlights at all, they are marker lights and have a blocking plate in them so they cannot produce a functional headlight beam.

The center two lights should be on all the time and when you hit the high beam switch a shutter inside the light drops down to allow a higher/wider beam of light.

If your center two lights are not on at all that entire circuit (which is separate from the outside marker lights) is not functioning.

If this is the case your dealer screwed up even worse than i joked above. Not only do you not have a functioning third brake light but you have no headlights. Talk about delivering a unit with serious safety concerns ....

....... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If your center two lights are not on at all that entire circuit (which is separate from the outside marker lights) is not functioning.

If this is the case your dealer screwed up even worse than i joked above. Not only do you not have a functioning third brake light but you have no headlights. Talk about delivering a unit with serious safety concerns ....

....... confused-squared

After buying my ZX-14 a friend and I were riding that night and he informed me that my brake light was not working all the time. We did some investigating and learned that it worked with the front brake lever but not the rear brake pedal. Further investigation revealed that there wasn't even a brake light switch connected to the rear pedal. When I returned to the dealership the next week I had a big story made up about an accident that I had caused involving a truck carrying a load of brand new mercedes and trying to avoid it my son got thrown off the back and one of the car rolled over on him breaking both legs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, by the time I couldn't hold it any longer and busted out laughing I about had the sales manager and owner sweating bullets. Needless to say they got me a switch on the bike immediately and apologized profusely.

Just because it's new doesn't mean everyone has done their due diligence!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ok....everything is plugged in. The two round headlights on the front outside of the SS, they look like the two round middle lights, work. They worked as low beams last night or at least I thought low beams. The two center headlights I thought were just the high beams. They don’t work at all.

Everything is plugged in. If your saying the two outside round outside lights are not low beams that would mean the relay could be bad. I will run to auto parts store to get a new relay.

The brake light is all enclosed and can’t find the plug easily. I’ll get the dealer to fix that as I’m not that ready yet to take panels off. My Goldwing I would strip down to the frame. Not quite ready yet for that challenge on the SS.

• Ok....everything is plugged in. The two round headlights on the front outside of the SS, they look like the two round middle lights, work. They worked as low beams last night or at least I thought low beams. The two center headlights I thought were just the high beams. They don’t work at all.

Everything is plugged in. If your saying the two outside round outside lights are not low beams that would mean the relay could be bad. I will run to auto parts store to get a new relay.

The brake light is all enclosed and can’t find the plug easily. I’ll get the dealer to fix that as I’m not that ready yet to take panels off. My Goldwing I would strip down to the frame. Not quite ready yet for that challenge on the SS.

The outer lights are on a separate relay than the two lights mounted in the center of the Sling. If you look at the bottom of the cover that goes on your fuze box it will show you the position of the two relays. If you remove the two relays and swap the positions it will let you know if it's your relay as the outer lights would no longer work but the center lights would now work.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Ok...this is what they said. When they replaced the battery, because the SS wouldn’t start because of a dead battery, it blew both headlights and the brake module.

So they replaced the headlights so they work now and they bypassed the brake module so I have the center brake light now. They did order a new module.

Why do I need i module in the first place if you can bypass it? ;(