Alternator Swap

• Learning here. The amps in my sling can only push a max of 900 watts at full power. Using your math, would that be about 130 amps? And to be clear, it would only be drawing this power if the amps were configured for full output power and not gained down?I know when I push the volume high the volt meter rarely drops below 13 with the sling running.
    Shouldn't I be good in this configuration?

As stated by the other brethren above you are good to go. When your volt meter reads below 12.7 volts on a regular basis your are going past the max capacity of your alternator which will decrease the life of your electrical system.

You can use an ammeter to help figure out what alternator works for you. Test the load on your electrical system and then mark it up 50%. If you don't have an ammeter then you can add the fuse ratings up for your vehicle and then mark up from there. But, that calculation will be high as those are max ratings.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Let me ask one question? JBL 600x4 amp to 6 JBL 6.5 speakers...JBL 500 to a 10 sub...a few lights. My headlight dims when the base hits. I wonder what that means? Do I need a larger alternator...240 or 300?:/

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Let me ask one question? JBL 600x4 amp to 6 JBL 6.5 speakers...JBL 500 to a 10 sub...a few lights. My headlight dims when the base hits. I wonder what that means? Do I need a larger alternator...240 or 300?:/

2015-2019 slingshots have 140 amp alternator, i went with the 240amp and a new belt & new power cables for the new alternator and happy that i did......im also running JL Audio amps (2), (3)woofers, (10) speakers, LEDs & a few extra electrical gadgets.......if your lights are dimming then thats the route to go ......