License plate electrical connector?

• I want to tap into the power to the license plate light to add a single 12v LED (I've tested the new light there and it works).

I'd like to buy a pair of the electrical connectors to make a splitter (rather than cut into the wires). Does anyone know the make/model or a source for the connector?

Excuse the dirt...

Want to make something like the splitter in the middle, below.

• I am assuming since you used that example that "electrical connection" doesn't make one. You might give them a call and let them know of the need. They make tons of stuff! I bought stuff from them back in 03' when I was customizing my wife's first bike.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am assuming since you used that example that "electrical connection" doesn't make one. You might give them a call and let them know of the need. They make tons of stuff! I bought stuff from them back in 03' when I was customizing my wife's first bike.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've left them a request but I don't think they make the connector. And shipping from the US to Canada usually costs far more than it's worth for a couple of small parts.

If I can identify the parts then I may be able to find a local source or at least one somewhere in Canada.

• Thanks, I considered a wire-tap but prefer to use a connector. I may have to open the connection when servicing the Slingshot (to remove panels). Also, wire-taps are prone to fail due to vibration and the moisture in that exposed location.

If I can't find the right connector then I'll probably end up cutting the OEM ones off and replace them with my own. But finding that connector may help others in future who want to tap power off the license plate light or replace the plate holder with an aftermarket one.