Quick Latch

• The Quik Latch's and replacement parts are available at Summit Racing or from QuikLatch.com This is the pin and latches that a lot of us have installed on the hoods of our Slingshots. One latch is $26.99 so you will need two. Spring ea is $2.29 Replacement pins are $7.50

• The Quick Latch's and replacement parts are available at Summit Racing or from QuickLatch.com This is the pin and latches that a lot of us have installed on the hoods of our Slingshots. One latch is $26.99 so you will need two. Spring ea is $2.29 Replacement pins are $7.50

How do these compare to the ones @mniron uses? I snapped one of my pins and he had some much sturdier ones to provide as replacements...I wouldn't go back to the lighter ones.

• They have the 1/4 and the 5/16 pins. @mniron installed the 5/16 on mine last year, but he was still installing the 1/4 inch ones also. Just check and see which you have and order a new pin. Or order the whole side. They also have the different colors. You can also get the whole thing in Stainless Steel for $47.49 each

• How do these compare to the ones @mniron uses? I snapped one of my pins and he had some much sturdier ones to provide as replacements...I wouldn't go back to the lighter ones.

They have the 1/4 and the 5/16 pins. @mniron installed the 5/16 on mine last year, but he was still installing the 1/4 inch ones also. Just check and see which you have and order a new pin. Or order the whole side. They also have the different colors. You can also get the whole thing in Stainless Steel for $47.49 each

As this has resurfaced I will address again. I have always used Quick Latch products in my installs. My replacement parts are same cost as Summit Racing, Quick Latch or any other supplier. I am a Quick Latch Dealer and supply any Quick Latch product for the same price. My kits now have a 5/16” Pins and 20# springs as a standard. Some differences I will point out is when you purchase a button from another vendor such as Summit you will receive what is pictured, the pin is to short to use for an install such as mine. So you are forced to buy a longer pin for $7.50(1/4”) or $9.50(5/16”). The 10# springs are $2.29 and the 20# are $2.59. When I sell replacement pins they will come with additional nuts and washers for $9.50(5/16”) from any other vendor you will just receive the pin. So in short you can always get replacement parts or complete set from another vendor but you will get the parts you need for less cost from myself.

Over the last three years I have made improvements to the original installation, two being the larger pins and the 20# springs. Other improvements have come in the installation itself. I have also developed a repair kit to help costumers of competitors.

• @FunCycle is correct, the hood pins from @mniron are one of the top 3 investments we made in the Slingshot. Much like coil overs, I only wish we would have done it sooner. They look awesome and stop the hood from flapping at highway speed. I can't say enough good about the install, look, and fit & finish. If you don't have these you're missing out

• I concur. The pins were a great (and needed) mod and the master himself installed them at Maggie.

If anyone sold the same pins for 1/2 the price of @mniron , I’d still buy them from him as he stands completely behind them and has saved my ass on more than one occasion,

• I concur. The pins were a great (and needed) mod and the master himself installed them at Maggie.

If anyone sold the same pins for 1/2 the price of @mniron , I’d still buy them from him as he stands completely behind them and has saved my ass on more than one occasion,

Mine also and nothing but good service with no questions asked except what the problem was.