Optima Battery Tray installation on Snazzy

• Under the hood will only require one terminal. He should be able to make it work. You don't need the ground Terminal as there are lots of ground options under the hood. All he need to do is connect the Positive Red Terminal to the Alternator Positive connection. I am sure he will know how to do it. Sorry for your problems, I know this is all confusing when you are not familiar. The reason you need the two terminals at the Battery location is because there is a lot of plastic and not a lot of metal ground areas to connect to within jumper leads. This will be a much better arrangement. Thanks for your nice words, I appreciate.

• Under the hood will only require one terminal. He should be able to make it work. You don't need the ground Terminal as there are lots of ground options under the hood. All he need to do is connect the Positive Red Terminal to the Alternator Positive connection. I am sure he will know how to do it. Sorry for your problems, I know this is all confusing when you are not familiar. The reason you need the two terminals at the Battery location is because there is a lot of plastic and not a lot of metal ground areas to connect to within jumper leads. This will be a much better arrangement. Thanks for your nice words, I appreciate.

Well, I was counting on using the terminals to hook other things to, since it would be much easier to use them than to access the battery.

i.e., I have heated gear and wanted to hook that up to the jump terminals. Obviously this is an area I am not familiar with. So I would only need one terminal even for that? Thanks for your patience.

• @studiopegyou should be installing a fuse block if your intentions are to power up options. Anything you power up should have a fused power source. jump terminals would not be where you should go to unless it will be fused. Reason for fused power is to protect from wires over heating and causing fires. A good knowledge of basic electrical connection is important A fuse will blow ( open the circuit) when too much current flows. I will be posting a video tomorrow on the subject of Extra fuse block installation on my media and info section.

• I have one that will be installed. Guess I just don't understand how accessories that use two hooked battery terminal connections can be hooked up to a fuse block. Lot to learn I guess.

• @studiopeg I know this is hard to understand if you have never had any training on basic electricity and how it flows and about conductors. To answer you questions about how you just connect one wire and looks like you don't run the other wire. Well, the thing you are missing is show in my diagram I made to help you understand. The key factor is that the Neg terminal on the Battery goes right to the Frame. That is the only place it is connected. So instead of running a ground wire to every light and circuit, they use the frame of the vehicle as the Neg terminal. The frame is metal and acts just like a wire. So that is why you do not have to run the neg lead back to the battery. That is also why you do not really need the Neg Terminal. Any part of the Metal frame of the Slingshot is connected to the Negative Terminal of the Battery. Ain't that the coolest and simplest thing you ever heard. Very hard to understand if you are not aware that the frame is a conductor of electricity.

• You are the most helpful guy Sam! Yep, no electronics training here so best that I ask questions and gain knowledge so I can do these mods correctly.

What I was not understanding was how an accessory with terminal ends gets hooked into the fuse box I bought. I had only seen pictures of the outside of the fuse box (have not opened the package yet).

Now that I did some scouting, I found a picture of the inside of the fuse box and now I see how they connect. Screws. Doh!

Thank you for going out of your way for me to help explain, greatly appreciated :)

• You have the Real good FZ-1 Fuse Box, you can have switch connection and Hot all the time connections. The Switched connections will only get power when the Key is on position. There is a good use for each type. Glad to help with your Electrical Education. I may be doing a basic electricity class on my Sam Owens Media and Info Section, check it and I will help all get a better understanding of the electrical part of the Slingshot. Always feel free if have questions, I will always draw a picture, do a video or just give an explanation.

I see that your Fuse Box is different than mine in that you have a ground connection point. Sometimes it is hard to find a convenient place close to your device, so it looks like you would run both Pos and Grd, the neg back to the block. I did not realize they did that. Mine only has the Pos output , so I must find a chassis ground point. Just want you to know the difference. This helps you better for the how do I connect both leads.