Optima Battery Tray installation on Snazzy

• Twist Dynamics sent me the 2017 Optima Battery Tray for me to do an Installation Video. It is different than the 2015 & 2016 model Slingshot. I did not get the Optima Battery to show it's installation, they are two separate products. Besides, my power requirement needs are OK for the stock battery. When I am parked, I do not use accessories such as Halo Lights, Music Amps and a host of other huge power drains. My video will show you how to gain access to the Battery compartment and remove the stock battery and tray. Then install the Optima Battery Tray and close up compartment. You need to select an Optima Battery with dimensions that will fit the tray. Video shows a model number that will work. Some folks may want to see what is involved with a product installation before they start. That is my job to show you. You may find looking over my shoulder will give you the confidence to say"I think I can do that". Show time!

• Thank for this video. I'm very handy and do my own mods. But I'm also a woman and not as strong as guys are. I have a new yellow top Optima battery to put in, and that thing is heavy. Between putting in the tray and the battery, do you think this is a do-able install for one person not as strong as most guys? Thanks.

• Twist Dynamics sent me the 2017 Optima Battery Tray for me to do an Installation Video. It is different than the 2015 & 2016 model Slingshot. I did not get the Optima Battery to show it's installation, they are two separate products. Besides, my power requirement needs are OK for the stock battery. When I am parked, I do not use accessories such as Halo Lights, Music Amps and a host of other huge power drains. My video will show you how to gain access to the Battery compartment and remove the stock battery and tray. Then install the Optima Battery Tray and close up compartment. You need to select an Optima Battery with dimensions that will fit the tray. Video shows a model number that will work. Some folks may want to see what is involved with a product installation before they start. That is my job to show you. You may find looking over my shoulder will give you the confidence to say"I think I can do that". Show time!

@Hernandeves5

• Thank for this video. I'm very handy and do my own mods. But I'm also a woman and not as strong as guys are. I have a new yellow top Optima battery to put in, and that thing is heavy. Between putting in the tray and the battery, do you think this is a do-able install for one person not as strong as most guys? Thanks.

I wouldn't think you would have a big problem doing this by your self. Just take your time and you should get it done with no problem.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• @Stdiopeg, you can do it, first you need a strong little platform that is close to the height of the Battery tray. It will be of great help to slide the old battery onto the platform and also use the same technique to install the Optima Battery. Make sure the platform you choose will not slide, may have rubber feet on legs. So measure and find something that will work. It will be too hard for you to support the battery and put it onto the tray without this method.
    This is an idea to show you a start, but it is a little low, Get it big enough and high enough. Get some of that rumber grip liner to put down under the platform. Do use a empty carboard box, it will sag down too much. Put some stuff like books or something if you do use one. Have something hard on top for the battery to slide on. You can do it if you prepare for the task and have a good plan. Good Luck!

• @Stdiopeg, you can do it, first you need a strong little platform that is close to the height of the Battery tray. It will be of great help to slide the old battery onto the platform and also use the same technique to install the Optima Battery. Make sure the platform you choose will not slide, may have rubber feet on legs. So measure and find something that will work. It will be too hard for you to support the battery and put it onto the tray without this method.
    This is an idea to show you a start, but it is a little low, Get it big enough and high enough. Get some of that rumber grip liner to put down under the platform. Do use a empty carboard box, it will sag down too much. Put some stuff like books or something if you do use one. Have something hard on top for the battery to slide on. You can do it if you prepare for the task and have a good plan. Good Luck!

OK I am going to give it a go because of the great directions and suggestions you give! Thank you

• Getting the Optima Battery into my 2016 ss was a bear! It didn't help that i also installed the Battery Jump Start Ports and the BatteryMinder Flush Mount ports in the same area! Very limited space and some "very strong words flying around in the garage last night" None the less i got the beast into place.

• @Solug, For the reasons you just stated, I like the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount, The battery area is too crowded for the extra wiring and material to deal with for Battery Issues. Batteries are heavy and require a plan for installing. They are in the neighborhood of 40 lbs in a very small package. Every effort should be made to minimize lifting in awkward positions. A good plan can overcome the distress of bad lifting. You should not try to lift the battery into position on tray without the aid of a platform to slide the battery into position. Do not use a unstable platform, make sure it is large enough and high enough first. Folks, I have been where you are tying to get, and, I am telling you the correct way to do it. The battery will kill you if you try to just put it into position. @studiopeg is a lady and will give us her results of trying to install the Optima Battery. I know she will listen and will be prepared to complete the job. We await her report for the project.

• @Solug, For the reasons you just stated, I like the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount, The battery area is too crowded for the extra wiring and material to deal with for Battery Issues. Batteries are heavy and require a plan for installing. They are in the neighborhood of 40 lbs in a very small package. Every effort should be made to minimize lifting in awkward positions. A good plan can overcome the distress of bad lifting. You should not try to lift the battery into position on tray without the aid of a platform to slide the battery into position. Do not use a unstable platform, make sure it is large enough and high enough first. Folks, I have been where you are tying to get, and, I am telling you the correct way to do it. The battery will kill you if you try to just put it into position. @studiopeg is a lady and will give us her results of trying to install the Optima Battery. I know she will listen and will be prepared to complete the job. We await her report for the project.

I have the Jump Start Port kit to be installed too, and at tomorrow's appointment was going to ask them to install while they had the battery out for the swap.

So it's going to be too crowded back there with the new yellow top battery?

Where do you recommend I tell them to put the jump ports?

Thanks!

• I have the Jump Start Port kit to be installed too, and at tomorrow's appointment was going to ask them to install while they had the battery out for the swap.
    So it's going to be too crowded back there with the new yellow top battery?

Where do you recommend I tell them to put the jump ports?

Look at the pictures, don't read the articles posts.

:00008172:

Adding battery jump post. Not just for charging,..

• @studiopeg Yes the Slingmod video shows you exactly where to install this kit. I installed it and while installing the battery and fighting with limited space i decided to remove the kit. Now i have holes but at least the battery fits. I have the BatteryMinder Flush Mount installed so i can top it up if needed, but jumping i would refer to @samowens44 comments above for the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount instead

• Well I didn't have the dealership install this today. I crossed it off the list until I can view Snazzy's under the hood install.

The dealership gave me a hard time about the battery. Said "you can be in the forums all day long and follow all the lemmings over the cliff..."

He told me the Slingshot -- not matter how many accessories you add on -- doesn't need an upgraded battery ever. It would need an upgraded alternator. He told me I wasted my money buying this battery and tray.

Sheesh.

• The dealership gave me a hard time about the battery. Said "you can be in the forums all day long and follow all the lemmings over the cliff..."

I learned from day one that dealers don't want to hear about forums! :) I'm watching your progress here as I need to get the box and a battery.

• @studiopeg I think the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount is what you want, it is easy to install and my video will guide you thru the details. I have it on my Sam Owens Media and Information section of the Forum. I am under the Tech section. Take a look at my video and feel free to comment and ask questions. I will produce a video just for you if needed. Good Luck!
    As far as what they told you about the Optima Battery is not correct. Higher Storage capacity is a plus for running things that draw current when your slingshot is sitting and not charging the Battery. Good luck again.

Here is the link that is on my Section, please visit and I will help with any issues.
    Jump Port Under the Hood Mount

• @studiopeg I think the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount is what you want, it is easy to install and my video will guide you thru the details. I have it on my Sam Owens Media and Information section of the Forum. I am under the Tech section. Take a look at my video and feel free to comment and ask questions. I will produce a video just for you if needed. Good Luck!
    As far as what they told you about the Optima Battery is not correct. Higher Storage capacity is a plus for running things that draw current when your slingshot is sitting and not charging the Battery. Good luck again.

Here is the link that is on my Section, please visit and I will help with any issues.

@studiopeg I think the Jump Port Under the Hood Mount is what you want, it is easy to install and my video will guide you thru the details. I have it on my Sam Owens Media and Information section of the Forum. I am under the Tech section. Take a look at my video and feel free to comment and ask questions. I will produce a video just for you if needed. Good Luck!

Thanks Snazzy! I have a guy who did all my LED lights and electrical work on my motorcycle. I am going to show him your video and let him handle this along with my lights install. You are just awesome!

My jumper ports are a little different than what you have - you show one, but I have two ports. But it should work I think.