1 shock 3 shock

• neosolidus... funinthesun recommended I stay away from Demon Speed Shop. That is the only place where I could find purchasing the rear only. Every one else sells them as Sets of three. Since the GT's seem to get the most thumbs up here (and we know every one contributing to this thread are SS experts) I came to the decision on the GT's. I like the price and options of the DDM's but no one seems to have any experience with them. Thanks Dave. Now I'm all f-'d up. How did y'all make your choice on shocks? It would be nice to have the bucks to spend a grand then go ... f-it, think I'll go to the other brand.

If you don't want to wait and want a shock now, I would go with the DDM. I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone here who has anything but good things to say about them.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I’ve been thinking about just buying a rear shock for now also. I know I’m already on borrowed time with my exhaust so I really need to be saving for that. When I rode over the weekend I felt ever bump on the road with my stock shocks. Thought maybe doing the rear would help.

• I’ve been thinking about just buying a rear shock for now also. I know I’m already on borrowed time with my exhaust so I really need to be saving for that. When I rode over the weekend I felt ever bump on the road with my stock shocks. Thought maybe doing the rear would help.

Yes it will help big time. Around town I run mine on full soft.

• neosolidus... funinthesun recommended I stay away from Demon Speed Shop. That is the only place where I could find purchasing the rear only. Every one else sells them as Sets of three. Since the GT's seem to get the most thumbs up here (and we know every one contributing to this thread are SS experts) I came to the decision on the GT's. I like the price and options of the DDM's but no one seems to have any experience with them. Thanks Dave. Now I'm all f-'d up. How did y'all make your choice on shocks? It would be nice to have the bucks to spend a grand then go ... f-it, think I'll go to the other brand.

Just for the record, funinthesun did NOT say to stay away from Demon Speed Shop as I have never had any contact or experience with them. I know nothing about their products and prices and would never trash a vendor without having first hand experiences with them. I would have suggested buying the QA1 shocks and depending on the color choice, a set of springs already in your choice of color (if possible). Now that DDM has come out with a quality shock and Dave has said that he'd sell you the rear only (and the fronts when you have the funds), that would be a good choice for you to consider. Dave@DDM is a great guy to deal with

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just a quick note from my experience. When I bought the JRI GTs on a group buy for $950, I installed the fronts only and drove around the country roads in my 'hood to feel the difference. When I hit the RR tracks I could feel and hear the fronts hit, then got a jolt milliseconds later when the stock rear hit. BIG difference! So what I'm saying is as soon as you put a quality shock on the rear, your going to hate the fronts that much more. For the record, I had absolutely no intention of spending $950 for shocks but too many people posted how that was their best mod, so I carefully analyzed how crappy the stock pogos are, then got caught up in the whole group buy/mod bug thing. Glad I did!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• K. I pinged DDM and asked how much for the rear now and then the fronts in a month or three if (when) I want to get the front pair. In the mean time I found an option for the interior that fits and actually installs it self.

yeah, that's a 'mod' that isn't going to do much itself, lol

Do you HAVE to have new shocks today? 3 is the best way but DDM is great to work with if you want one before getting the fronts...

• My Bad. I got the two names reversed. It was Neo that recommended " Avoid like the plague" My apologies. I have not heard back from DDM as of yet.

Let me know where you sent a message, I do not have any pending PM's here and checked my email again just now and do not see anything.

Sending you over a PM now though :)
    Dave

• My Bad. I got the two names reversed. It was Neo that recommended " Avoid like the plague" My apologies. I have not heard back from DDM as of yet.

correct I said to it avoid like the plague, I bought one of their steering wheels and it was a mess, I put a little weight(the same i have been applying to the stock for over a year) on it getting in and it bent forward on the first time getting in the SS after installing it, called the shop number and it was disconnected tried emails and no answer.

Then did a search for the steering wheel manufacturer and realized that they were cheap chinese that sold for 24.99 on ebay and 128.99 on DSS..... so I took my lost and moved on.

Black Street Fighter Steering Wheel — DEMONS SPEED SHOP $128.99

320MM Black PVC Leather Racing Sport Steering Wheel Red Stitch Battle Drift Logo | eBay $24.99

Even if you add the cheap adapter that comes with the DSS you are overpaying by 50% over ebay prices.

So why pay a premium price if you are not going to get the customer service for it? For example slingmods is always a few bucks highers than SSO but at slingmods you always get excellent customer service when something happens so it is totally worth paying a few bucks if oyu have to just so you know that when you need them they will be there.

Anyways if I was buying a set of coilovers and price was a concern I would go with the new DDMS over any other because they are bound to be equal or better than QA/1 and you know that @Dave@DDMWorks will be there to make things right if there is an issue in the future.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Everyone is pretty much in agreement that the stock shocks are minimal but, they get you down the road. And although all of would love to be able to make major improvements to our rides, cost prevents us from jumping in.

Until the time we can afford the goodies, we can improve ride comfort by doing other little things...

The first thing that will make for a more comfortable ride is tire pressure...

That little tire pressure sticker that states 32psi is for maximum load of the tire... the Slingshot does not approach that max by any means.

This is not a recommendation but what I run...
    22psi front Kendra, 28psi rear Nitto.
    That takes a lot out of bang out of the bumps... but, do your own research. (Ran a search but could not find a stand alone thread for tire pressure but did find several references in this thread... TIRES...WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?)

Another item is the seats.... not something everyone should attempt... most are a suspension style seat. Not everyone weighs 175 lbs. You may be heavier or lighter and may need to adjust.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: