1 shock 3 shock

• I see you can buy on line a single coil over for just the rear around $350-$400. I can't budget all three at once ($900-$1600) Should I wait for 6 or so months or get just the rear? Front shocks seem to be adequate for my style of driving but the rear is starting to effect my spleen.

Files

• sss.jpg

(11.07 kB, downloaded 219 times, last: )
  • The single unit on the WEB is offered by Demon Speed Shop. $346 & $339 Does not refer to any manufacturer brand. If I was going to buy a complete set probably go Bilsteen or AJS? 1 ways. What would you recommend? Daily driver (13,000 miles plus in 7 months).

• Sorry for the typ-ohs. That was Bill Steins, JRI and DDM's. The DDM's seem reasonable...

As a daily driver, and 53000 kms in 2 years (6-7 months driving per year)... around 39000 miles.... I got into a pair of JRI GT's.

Don't regret the choice at all. They are amazing.

• The single unit on the WEB is offered by Demon Speed Shop. $346 & $339 Does not refer to any manufacturer brand. If I was going to buy a complete set probably go Bilsteen or AJS? 1 ways. What would you recommend? Daily driver (13,000 miles plus in 7 months).

I would avoid the Demon Speed Shop like the plague if I was you, their turbo is a disaster waiting to happen, their steering wheel are cheap chinese wheel that can be bough on ebay for 1/2 the price and bend like wet noodles, they have no presence on the forums that I know of, which means that if and when you have an issue you would be shit out of luck.

If you are interested in shocks and have to crunch your pennies then just get DDM new set of coilovers but if you can afford an extra hundo get the JRI GT from DDM(what i personally use and highly recommend for a non track fiend)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I agree with the others.

Just save up a bit of cash and get all 3 at the same time. In this way, you know that the shocks have the same ride height and ride characteristics.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• You've really made the decision already for yourself. You said you had the money for one and you are feeling the negative effects of the factory rear shock/spring. Basically the price will end up being the same once you totally up the one and two later or all three at the same time. So why not do the rear now and enjoy some smoother rides while you replenish the bank account?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I see you can buy on line a single coil over for just the rear around $350-$400. I can't budget all three at once ($900-$1600) Should I wait for 6 or so months or get just the rear? Front shocks seem to be adequate for my style of driving but the rear is starting to effect my spleen.

We can do a single rear for you if you want to just go that route with our 3 way adjustables. I would recommend doing the full set since the fronts really help control roll and the back is more the comfort adjustment, but understand if you want to just leave the fronts how they are. If you are interested in just the rear from our setup, shoot me a PM and I can send you details on it.

DDMWorks Slingshot Coilover upgrade

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• neosolidus... funinthesun recommended I stay away from Demon Speed Shop. That is the only place where I could find purchasing the rear only. Every one else sells them as Sets of three. Since the GT's seem to get the most thumbs up here (and we know every one contributing to this thread are SS experts) I came to the decision on the GT's. I like the price and options of the DDM's but no one seems to have any experience with them. Thanks Dave. Now I'm all f-'d up. How did y'all make your choice on shocks? It would be nice to have the bucks to spend a grand then go ... f-it, think I'll go to the other brand.

• Our set is pretty new and we just starting shipping units about 2 weeks ago, so that is why you have not seen any reviews. I talked with several customers after their installations and most installed over last weekend and a lot of those customers are stuck in snow this week. If you will be at any of the events, that is the best time to take a look at some of the different setups out there and get a chance to drive them, talk to the owners, etc.

• I would avoid the Demon Speed Shop like the plague if I was you, their turbo is a disaster waiting to happen, their steering wheel are cheap chinese wheel that can be bough on ebay for 1/2 the price and bend like wet noodles, they have no presence on the forums that I know of, which means that if and when you have an issue you would be shit out of luck.
    If you are interested in shocks and have to crunch your pennies then just get DDM new set of coilovers but if you can afford an extra hundo get the JRI GT from DDM(what i personally use and highly recommend for a non track fiend)

I have dealt with Demon Speed and have never had any problems with them, not even on replacements.